Leggings have become a prevalent form of style in contemporary times. Contrary to what some may think, leggings weren’t recently ‘invented.’ There is evidence of early century leggings known as linen pantalettes worn by women and girls under crinolines, comprised of two separate garments. It wasn’t until the 1960s when pants, like trousers and capris, became much tighter, giving rise to the current legging trend.
Included in This Article
LuLaRoe Leggings Price, Sizes, and Prints
Other LuLaRoe Clothing Costs and Descriptions
Answering the Question of Why Lularoe Clothing Is Expensive (Or Is It?)
Why LuLaRoe Is so Popular
Unlike other brands, LuLaRoe leggings cannot be purchased in a department store or boutique. Instead, only independent consultants sell the products; a concept similar to brands like Mary Kay.
The unusual business model of selling the products solely through independent consultants was established to help stay-at-home moms earn money and run a business while accommodating the demands of their responsibilities as parents. Read about DeAnne Stidham’s journey to empower women on the LuLaRoe website.
Consultants say that the LuLaRoe business model allows them freedom and flexibility. Consultants can work part-time for extra cash, or they can sustain a full-time career. Some consultants have even been able to solely support their families through LuLaRoe sales.
LuLaRoe Leggings Cost, Sizes, and Availability
LuLaRoe leggings are made from polyester and spandex. They come in two sizes for adults: One Size (OS) which fit women up to size 10/12, and Tall and Curvy (TC) which fit women 10/12 up to 22/24. As of February 2017, the cost of adult leggings is $25 per pair. Specialty leggings, usually released for holidays like Christmas or Valentine’s Day, tend to be a few dollars more.
Leggings for children are available in sizes small/medium (SM/M), large/x-large (L/XL), and tween. Tween leggings will also fit women who wear size zero. Children and tween leggings cost $23.
The price of LuLaRoe leggings is controversial at times. Leggings at retailers like Wal-Mart and Target tend to be less expensive, in the $8-$15 range; however, LuLaRoe stands by its products as being a higher quality than what shoppers will find at standard retailers. Why is LuLaRoe so expensive? LuLaRoe describes its leggings as being “buttery soft” products which will hold their shape much longer than usual retailers.
With that in mind, LuLaRoe leggings tend to compete with brands like Lululemon, which run around $80 per pair.
LuLaRoe wholesale prices range from $8.50 to $31, depending on the product. However, there are set retail prices for each item. LuLaRoe consultants are restricted from selling their products below a certain price point. LuLaRoe consultants are the only ones who can purchase products at wholesale prices.
LuLaRoe is also known for its unique, limited prints. LuLaRoe produces only 2,500 pieces of the same print, creating a high demand for exclusive styles. Highly sought-after pieces (known as “unicorns”) are commonly sold on eBay, marked up for much higher than their retail value.
How Much Do LuLaRoe Clothes Cost Besides Leggings?
With LuLaRoe’s soft, comfortable leggings now a wardrobe staple, customers have created a high demand for LuLaRoe dresses and tops to complement their leggings. The company founders’ Mormon faith influenced the design of LuLaRoe’s clothing to be modest, yet stylish. As many people wonder, yes, the founder of LuLaRoe is Mormon.
This is the LuLaRoe price list:
Shirts, Cardigans, and Vests
- Popular tops like the Irma, Randy T, and Classic T ring in at $35.
- Irma — This tunic style top is amazing with leggings! It’s got a low cut back and is oversize, specifically marketed to “cover your assets.”
- Randy T — This unisex top (primarily geared towards women) is a baseball style shirt, and is not as long as other tops.
- Classic T — A more classically cut t-shirt with a scoop bottom in the back.
- The Perfect T is $36.
- Perfect T — This t-shirt has slits on both sides to help create a more flared look, can also be tied up the sides for a cute look!
- The Patrick T is $40.
- Patrick T — This men’s t-shirt features the same hi-low cut as other LuLaRoe shirts.
- The Mark is $42.
- Mark — A timeless three-button Henley top featuring contrasting, raglan-style long sleeves, great for men or women.
- The Monroe and Lindsay jump in price to $48.
- The most luxurious top is the Sarah with a hefty price tag of $70.
- Sarah — A long-sleeved calf-length sweater cardigan with pockets; perfect for colder weather.
- The Joy is $60.
- Joy — A lightweight and breezy longline vest, perfect for layered looks.
- The LuLaRoe skirts Azure and Cassie are $35.
- The Maxi skirt is $42.
- Maxi — This LuLaRoe original was created by founder and company owner who hand made skirts for her daughter and friends in different patterns. This skirt offers optimal comfort and the ability to adjust the length.
- The Lola and Madison are $46.
- Lola — This skirt is double layered with a thick elastic waistband. The bottom layer is silkier and solid in color whereas the top layer is often lace or sheer with color and design. The top layer is slightly longer than the inside layer, making a pretty silhouette.
- Madison — This skirt is the bottom half of an Amelia dress featuring pockets, with the same hand-set box pleats sewn into it.
- The Lucy skirt is $52 and the Jill is $55.
- The Julia dress is $45.
- Julia — This curve hugging dress is super soft and stretchy, it still covers to the knee and, when sized up, provides some extra middle-area camouflage.
- The Nicole is $48.
- Nicole — This awesome dress has a scoop neck with a mid-waistline and a twirl circle skirt. These dresses are feminine and fun! Add a tulle pettiskirt and this dress pops even more!
- The Carly is $55.
- Carly — An adorable super loose dress that can be sized up or down without sacrificing fit! It can be styled in a TON of ways, and also features a dramatic high-low cut and often has a pocket on the chest.
- The Ana is $60.
- Ana — This is a floor-length knit maxi dress with a fitted bodice, flattering scoop neck, and mid-length sleeves.
- One of the most popular dresses, the Amelia is $65.
- Amelia — This dress’s stretchy knit fabric is comfortable enough to let you wear all day, but also has the structure and tailoring making it sophisticated enough for the office or a fancy night out. Zipping in the back, part of this dress’ popularity is due to its pockets!
Then there are the bottoms known as Jade $55 and Jordan $65.
- The Jade athletic leggings are $55.
- Jade — Capri length athletic leggings with a yoga waistband to maximize comfort.
- The Jordan athletic leggings are $65.
- Jordan — Ankle length athletic leggings, almost identical to the Jade leggings, but longer.
- Kids Azure $25
- Kids Azure — The full circle skirt with a yoga waistband is perfect for twirling and playing
- The Sloan T and Gracie T are $28.
- The Bianka is $28.
- Bianka — A child’s short sleeve cover up kimono, usually made of a lighter material.
- The Adeline is $30.
- Adeline — A children’s dress with an A-line cut which is a super cute skirt for twirling!
- The Mae is $32.
- Mae — Features a hidden elastic waistband and inset pockets, and can be worn as a dress or as a tunic
Where to Buy LuLaRoe Leggings
Independent consultants hold sales on their Facebook pages and via Pop Up Parties. Pop Up Parties happen in the homes of consultants or hostesses. They can also be held at local festivals or other fundraising events at the discretion of the consultant.
If you are interested in purchasing LuLaRoe leggings, your first step is to find a Facebook group run by an independent consultant. They will announce sales, both online and in-person, and allow you to determine the best way for you to purchase clothing.
How Much Are LuLaRoe Leggings? Final Thoughts
LuLaRoe is a product that lives up to the craze. They offer a wide selection of comfortable leggings, tops, and dresses that flatter any size and figure. LuLaRoe offers quality similar to designer clothing, at a fraction of the price. Contact a local independent LuLaRoe consultant today to experience the trend for yourself.