Looking to find some reclaimed barn wood for sale? This article has you covered.
There are plenty of places where you can find old barn wood or reclaimed barn wood for all of your projects, whether you’ve seen a beautiful barn door project on Pinterest or you are hoping to put your new woodworking skills to use with reclaimed siding or flooring. This article will provide you with all the details you need in order to find gorgeous barn wood for sale — or even for free!
What’s Covered in This Article:
Where to buy old/reclaimed barn wood
How to get old/reclaimed barn wood for free
Where Can You Purchase Old Barn Wood or Reclaimed Barn Wood?
The availability of barn wood depends on a particular company’s inventory, which in turn depends on the number and types of barns being deconstructed at any given time. Since each barn is unique and may be made of a different type of wood and in a different style than others in the region, the specific parts you are looking for may or may not be available from a certain dealer at a certain time. The best way to check the availability and pricing for a specific item is to contact the company for the most up-to-date information.
Below, we will provide all the details you need to find a local dealer who will match your unique needs. We’ll start with a list of reclaimed barn wood companies that ship nationwide; you can order from these companies from anywhere in the U.S., as long as you’re willing to pay for shipping. We’ll follow this with listings of companies selling old or reclaimed barn wood in the West, Midwest, Southwest, Southeast, and Northeast regions of the United States.
Companies That Sell Old or Reclaimed Barn Wood That Ship Nationwide
1. Southern Vintage
- Locations: Louisville, KY; ships nationwide
- Types of Wood: Vintage barn siding; re-sawn barn beam; reclaimed flooring
- Pricing: Call 1-844-784-6824 for specific pricing information. Visit the Southern Vintage website to order a free sample box. Shipping costs vary according to the shipping address and the weight of the products, but costs start around $150. Contact the company via live chat for more specific information about shipping to your area.
- Learn more about Southern Vintage here.
2. Old Barn Wood
- Locations: Pigeon Falls, WI; ships nationwide
- Types of Wood: Old barn wood boards, siding, paneling, and hewn beams; recycled lumber; reclaimed barn wood tables; antique beams
- Pricing: Call 1-608-356-8849 for specific pricing information. Shipping rates are based on order size, weight, and destination.
- Learn more about Old Barn Wood here.
Companies That Sell Old or Reclaimed Barn Wood in the Midwest
3. Timeless Lumber Company, LLC
- Locations: Fenton, MI and Byron, MI
- Types of Wood: Reclaimed barn planking and beams; old barn door hardware; corrugated rusty barn roofing; distinctive products like barn pegs, barn doors, and barn wood furniture; reclaimed barn wood fireplace mantel pieces
- Pricing: Visit the Closeouts page on the Timeless Lumber website to view clearance barn wood, ranging in price from $0.50 to $4.50 per foot. Request additional pricing information from Timeless Lumber here.
- Learn more about Timeless Lumber Company, LLC here.
4. Olde Wood
- Locations: St. Magnolia, OH
- Types of Wood: Reclaimed wood beams and posts; reclaimed barn siding; antique barn siding; reclaimed flooring
- Pricing: Pricing details are not published online and may vary based on inventory. Request specific pricing information from Olde Wood here.
- Learn more about Olde Wood here.
5. All American Reclaim
- Locations: Crystal Lake, IL
- Types of Wood: Reclaimed wood siding; dimensional lumber; beams; custom projects; live edge slabs; doors; windows; flooring
- Pricing: Call 1-224-209-8283 for specific pricing information.
- Learn more about All American Reclaim here.
Companies That Sell Old or Reclaimed Barn Wood in the West and Southwest
6. Crossroads Recycled Lumber, LLC
- Locations: North Fork, CA
- Types of Wood: Reclaimed wood flooring; siding and paneling; genuine reclaimed old barn wood; recreated old barn wood from reclaimed lumber; redwood old barn wood
- Pricing: Call 1-888-842-3201 for specific pricing information.
- Learn more about Crossroads Recycled Lumber, LLC here.
7. Vintage Timberworks
- Locations: Temecula, CA; Santa Barbara, CA; Phoenix, AZ
- Types of Wood: Reclaimed wood beams; reclaimed barn siding and antique planking; reclaimed wood flooring; rustic mantels and corbels; reclaimed furniture and millwork
- Pricing: Visit the Specials page on the Vintage Timberworks website to view clearance items, ranging in price from $5.00 to $15.00 per square foot. Request additional pricing information from Vintage Timberworks here.
- Learn more about Vintage Timberworks here.
8. Old Sol Lumber Company
- Locations: Mesa, AZ
- Types of Wood: Reclaimed wood beams; vintage lumber; reclaimed barn wood; specialty-aged wood
- Pricing: View the Old Sol Lumber Company Pricing sheet here. Beams start at $6.00/foot, while lumber starts at $3.50/foot. Request specific pricing information from Old Sol Lumber here.
- Learn more about Old Sol Lumber Company here.
Companies That Sell Old or Reclaimed Barn Wood in the Southeast
9. Appalachian Antique Hardwoods, LLC
- Locations: Waynesville, NC
- Types of Wood: Reclaimed wood flooring; brown reclaimed barn wood; chestnut reclaimed barn wood; gray reclaimed barn wood; mixed reclaimed barn wood; painted reclaimed barn wood; antique beams and timber
- Pricing: Pricing details are not published online and may vary based on inventory. Request specific pricing information from Appalachian Antique Hardwoods here.
- Learn more about Appalachian Antique Hardwoods, LLC here.
10. Old World Timber
- Locations: Lexington, KY
- Types of Wood: Reclaimed wood mantels; hand-hewn timbers
- Pricing: Pricing details are not published online and may vary based on inventory. Request specific pricing information from Old World Timber here.
- Learn more about Old World Timber here.
Companies That Sell Old or Reclaimed Barn Wood in the Northeast
11. Longleaf Lumber
- Locations: Cambridge, MA
- Types of Wood: Reclaimed flooring; reclaimed paneling; reclaimed boards and beams
- Pricing: Call 1-617-871-6611 for specific pricing information.
- Learn more about Longleaf Lumber here.
12. Conklin’s Barnwood and Beams
- Locations: Susquehanna, PA
- Types of Wood: Reclaimed beams, barn wood, and planks
- Pricing: Call 1-570-465-3832 for specific pricing information. (Mention visiting the website and receive a 10% discount!)
- Learn more about Conklin’s Barnwood and Beams here.
How to Get Old Barn Wood/Reclaimed Barn Wood for Free
If you are willing to put forth a little extra time and effort, you may even be able to procure old barn wood, or reclaimed barn wood, for free. There are many ways to go about this, but here are some of the most successful methods of locating free wood, including beams, siding, flooring, and more.
Work out a Deal with Farmers and Other Barn Owners
Many owners of old, decrepit barns would be more than happy for you to dismantle their barns for them. As barns age, they become big liabilities for their owners. The upkeep can cost much more than the wood is actually worth, so barn owners are often glad to let someone clear it away for them. But why would you do this to help a complete stranger? If you work out a deal with the barn’s owner, you get to keep all the beautiful old timber for yourself!
This is a great source for free wood; it will only cost you the time and effort of deconstructing the barn, recuperating the wood, and disposing the excess wood that you do not need.
One way to find barn owners who might be willing to do this is to place an ad in the newspaper or online, explaining that you pick up old wood for recycling and/or disposal. However, it is important to bear in mind that barn demolition can be messy and even dangerous. Some projects may require an experienced, insured contractor to complete the job.
Contact Demolition or Excavation Contractors
Another method of finding old barn wood for reclamation is to contact demolition companies and excavation contractors. Barn owners who want to get rid of their old barns will likely call in one of these contractors to dismantle and dispose of their barn — which can be an opportunity for you to get free wood.
Start by contacting companies in your area and letting them know that you will recycle the wood they have harvested for disposal. These contractors might be eager for you to lighten their workload by taking some of the lumber off their hands. They might even allow you to go in before they start demolition and take first pick of the wood.
It may be a little more work to coordinate with a company rather than with an individual barn owner, but this strategy can pay off; the company will deal with the excess materials destined for disposal that you would otherwise need to take care of yourself.
Where to Get Old Barn Wood or Reclaimed Barn Wood For Free
Here are a few places to get started with your search for free old barn wood or reclaimed barn wood. It might take some time to locate a barn with the specific features and type of wood that you want, but patience will often be rewarded. You may also need to consider traveling a ways if you have your heart set on getting reclaimed barn wood for free.
13. Barn Geek
- Locations: Nationwide
- Types of Wood: Hand-hewn and rough-sawn beams; hand-hewn logs with round post logs; siding; old timber; mixed planks; flooring. (Each barn offers unique features.)
- Pricing: Many barns are listed for free to someone who can remove them completely; other barns are listed for sale and range in price up to $16,000
- View all listings of old barns for salvage on Barn Geek here.
14. Old Barn Wood
- Locations: Nationwide
- Types of Wood: Hand-hewn beams; natural wood; gray weathered siding and brown siding; unpainted and weathered rough cut oak; timbers and siding. (Each barn offers unique features.)
- Pricing: Some barns are listed for free, while other barns are listed for sale or best offer
- View all listings of old barns for salvage on Old Barn Wood here.
15. The Barn Pages
- Locations: Nationwide
- Types of Wood: Hand-hewn beams; barn siding; flooring; old lumber; wood pegs; antique wood. (Each barn offers unique features.)
- Pricing: Some barns are listed for free, while other barns are listed for sale (from $2,000 to $299,000) or best offer
- View all listings of old barns for salvage on The Barn Pages here.
Where to Get Old Barn Wood? Final Thoughts
There are many places where you can find old barn wood or reclaimed barn wood. With a little time and effort, you can even get beautiful antique wood for free. By recycling this wood, you are making a positive impact on the environment by reusing wood that would otherwise end up in a landfill. You are also conserving a piece of American history while giving new life to these materials with your own creative projects. We hope this article helps you find the perfect reclaimed barn wood for your needs.