Short Answer: Professional rental and charter companies, parks, and peer-to-peer websites/apps are some of the places you can find boat rentals in your area. Canoes and kayaks are typically found at or near parks with boat launch access to rivers, lakes, and streams; meanwhile, party boats, yachts, and other large boats are most often available on the coasts or near larger bodies of water through professional charter companies (like Paradise Rental Boats and Suntex Watersports) and peer-to-peer platforms (like Boat.me and Click&Boat). Whether you’re looking to rent a canoe, Duffy boat, fishing boat, party boat, luxury yacht, or another type of watercraft, we have the list the places where you can find boat rentals.
Where to Find Boat Rentals Near Me
There are several routes you can take to rent a boat, including renting a boat from a professional rental company, charter company, park, or private boat owners. Rentals fees are often charged by the hour, half-day, day, or week. Prices vary greatly depending on the rental period, type of boat, amenities, and service fees. You can expect to pay anywhere from under $50 to several thousand dollars per day.
Below, we’ve listed the apps, websites, private rental companies, and other places where you can find a boat to rent near you. With thousands of options available, this list is not comprehensive, but we have made a concentrated effort to include options across the country — not just in major cities or coastal areas.
Note: When booking through a peer-to-peer app or website, be sure to read the owner’s policy on cancellations and refunds. And, with any boat rental, follow safe boating practices (i.e., make sure the boat has all the appropriate safety equipment, have an emergency contact, etc.) and be aware of the owner’s or company’s accident policy, including whether or not your rental includes insurance coverage.
Boat Rental Apps and Websites
Boat rental apps and websites connect customers with boat rentals from professional charters, private owners, or both. They are searchable by location, boat type, trip dates, price, and rental period. Some rentals include amenities like a captain and crew, water toys, and/or kitchen equipment.
- Available rentals: Fishing boats, party boats, powerboats, sailboats, and yachts
- Prices: Typically $100 to $400 per hour
- Rental periods: Hourly, half-day, daily
- Locations: Boater.Pro primarily offers rentals in Florida. View available boats on the Boater.Pro website, Google Play app, or App Store app.
- Available rentals: Catamarans, houseboats, kayaks, party boats, pontoons, powerboats, and sailboats
- Prices: Typically $100 to $400 per hour, depending on the location, boat type, boat size, and amenities
- Rental periods: Hourly, daily
- Locations: Rentals are available in the following regions: East Coast, Great Lakes, Gulf Coast, Midwest, and West Coast. Find and book a boat on the Boat.me website.
- Available rentals: Catamarans, Duffy boats, fishing boats, party boats, powerboats, pontoons, sailboats, and yachts
- Prices: Vary by owner; most rentals are between $250 and $1,000 per half-day
- Rental periods: Primarily half-day or full-day; some owners offer longer rental periods like weeklong charters
- Locations: Rentals are available worldwide, with more than 15,000 boats available in the U.S. and Canada. Search for rentals on the Boatsetter website.
Borrow A Boat
- Available rentals: Canoes, catamarans, inflatable boats, kayaks, motorboats, river cruisers, sailboats, and yachts
- Prices: Anywhere from $200 to more than $5,000 per day
- Rental periods: Daily, weekly
- Locations: Owners from any state can list a boat on Borrow A Boat; most of the available U.S. rentals are currently in Florida (at the time of this writing). International rentals are also available. Search for rentals on the Borrow A Boat website.
- Available rentals: Catamarans, inflatable boats, jet skis, motorboats, sailboats, and yachts
- Prices: Vary by listing; most rentals are between $200 and $3,000 per day
- Rental periods: Half-day, full-day, weekend, or weekly, as negotiated by the boat’s owner
- Locations: Rentals are available worldwide. Since Click&Boat’s listings are privately-owned, availability will vary depending on current bookings and by location. Search for rentals on the Click&Boat website, Google Play app, or App Store app.
- Available rentals: Cruises, ferries, fishing boats, houseboats, jet skis, paddleboards, pontoons, powerboats, sailboats, tours, and yachts
- Prices: Anywhere from $25 per hour for paddleboards and kayaks to more than $1,000 per hour for luxury yachts
- Rental periods: Hourly, daily, overnight
- Locations: GetMyBoat has listings in more than 180 countries. Search the listings on the GetMyBoat website, Google Play app, or App Store app.
- Available rentals: Excursion boats, fishing boats, houseboats, pontoons, speed boats, and trawlers
- Prices: Vary by owner; most rentals are between $75 and $400 per half-day.
- Rental periods: Half-day (morning or evening) and full-day
- Locations: RentABoat.com has listings across the U.S. and internationally. Search for listings on RentABoat.com.
- Available rentals: Catamarans, powerboats, sailboats, and yachts
- Prices: Vary by owner; most rentals are between $1,000 and $5,000 per day
- Rental periods: Hourly, half-day, daily, weekly
- Locations: Sail.me has listings in the U.S. and internationally. Search for boats in your area on Sail.me.
- Available rentals: Motorboats, party boats, sailboats, and yachts
- Prices: Vary by location, trip duration, and boat type; most rentals are between $400 (sailboats and small motorboats) and $50,000 (luxury yachts) per day
- Rental periods: Quarter-day, half-day, full-day, partial week, weekly
- Locations: California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Washington, DC. Search for listings on the Sailo website.
- Available rentals: Luxury yachts suitable for parties and large groups
- Prices: Vary by location and boat, most rentals are more than $2,000 per day
- Rental periods: Half-day, full-day, partial week, full week, or customized
- Locations: California, Florida, Illinois, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington, DC; international rentals are also available. Browse the selection on the YachtLife website.
Professional Boat Rental Companies
The following businesses are some of the professional companies that offer boat rentals across the U.S. — along the coasts and in the Midwest. For more local options, search for “professional boat rental companies near me.”
Boating in Boston
- Available rentals: Vary by location but may include canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, paddleboats, sailboats, rowboats, and wakeboards
- Prices: $15 to $30 per hour
- Rental periods: Hourly, daily
- Location: Boating in Boston has four locations: Hopkinton, Natick, Spot Pond, and Wakefield.
- Available rentals: Duffy boats, double and single kayaks, electric pontoons, jet skis, powerboats, and stand-up paddleboards
- Prices: Vary by location; boat rentals are between $75 and $125 per hour and kayak and paddleboat rentals are between $18 and $35 per hour
- Rental periods: One to four hours
- Location: Boats4Rent.com has locations in California and Arizona. Find a Boats4Rent.com location near you.
BomBay Boat Rental Company
- Available rentals: Jet skis, ski boats, and tritons
- Prices: Available on request; contact the BomBay Boat Rental Company at (573) 723-3502 for a price estimate. Prices vary by boat type, rental period, club membership, and whether you need to purchase a Missouri Boating Safety Certificate Card.
- Rental periods: Hourly, daily, weekly
- Location: The BomBay Boat Rental Company has four locations in the Lake Ozark area of Missouri. For more information, visit the BomBay Boat Rental Company’s website.
California Canoe & Kayak
- Available rentals: Single and double kayaks, stand-up paddleboards
- Prices: Kayak rentals range in price from $15 to $50 per hour; paddleboards are between $75 and $200 per day
- Rental periods: Hourly, daily, multiple-day
- Location: California Canoe & Kayak has three locations: Oakland, Redwood City, and Folsom.
Chicago Electric Boat Company
- Available rentals: Duffy boats and pontoons
- Prices: $150 to $225 per hour
- Rental periods: One to four hours
- Location: Chicago, Ill.; book a rental on the Chicago Electric Boat Company website.
The Electric Boat Company
- Available rentals: Duffy boats
- Prices: $250 to $350 per hour
- Rental periods: Two hours
- Location: Seattle, Wash.; book a rental on The Electric Boat Company website.
Old Mill Canoe Rental
- Available rentals: Canoes and kayaks
- Prices: $30 to $50 per day
- Rental periods: Hourly, daily, two-day, or customized
- Location: Fredricksburg, Ind.; for more information, visit Old Mill Canoe Rental’s website.
Paradise Rental Boats
- Available rentals: Deck boats, party boats, pontoons, speed boats, and wave runners
- Prices: $200 to $400 for four hours, $300 to $600 for eight hours, and $400 to $700 for 24 hours
- Rental periods: Half-day (four hours), full-day (8 hours), overnight (14 hours), 24 hours
- Location: Paradise Rental Boats has two locations in Georgia and one in Indiana; for more information, visit Paradise Rental Boats’ website.
Portland Electric Boat Company
- Available rentals: Duffy boats
- Prices: $125 per hour with a two-hour minimum; one-hour rentals cost $195
- Rental periods: One to six hours
- Location: Portland, Ore.; book a rental online at PortlandElectricBoatCompany.com.
- Available rentals: Fishing boats, kayaks, open-bow powerboats, pontoons, wave runners
- Prices: Total reservations typically cost between $100 and $500, depending on boat type and rental length
- Rental periods: Up to eight hours, depending on availability. There is a two-hour minimum for boats (four hours on holiday weekends) and a one-hour minimum for wave runners.
- Location: Suntex Watersports has 19 locations in California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia; for more information, visit Suntex Watersports’ website.
Other Places to Find Boat Rentals
The resources below offer additional options for finding boat rentals in your city, state, or vacation destination.
Go Boating Today by Discover Boating
Go Boating Today is a search engine that compiles contact information for local charters and rentals from professional companies, marinas, and parks. It lists locations across the U.S. Available boats, prices, and rental periods will vary for each listing.
National and State Parks
National and state parks with access to lakes, rivers, and ponds regularly offer canoe, kayak, paddleboat, and rowboat rentals in partnership with authorized vendors. Rental options and prices vary by park, but most rentals cost $10 to $20 per hour — with half-day and full-day rental options available. Select parks also offer weekly rentals for people who are camping and want to use a kayak or canoe throughout their stay. Search the National Park Service’s website to find a park near you.
Professional boat rental companies like Boats4Rent.com, California Canoe & Kayak, and Suntex Watersports offer one way to find boat rentals near you. Peer-to-peer platforms like Boatsetter, Click&Boat, and Sailo can connect you with local boat owners and charter captains willing to rent out their vessels. With either option, you can expect to find hourly, daily, weekly, or flexible rental periods. Prices vary significantly by boat type and the length of your rental. When booking through a peer-to-peer app or website, be sure to read the owner’s policy on cancellations and refunds. And, with all rentals, follow safe boating practices. Additional resources include rental search engine Go Boating Today and National and State Parks — which often work with authorized boat rental vendors.
Rent a boat often? Thinking about buying a boat instead? Before you buy, consider these 10 cost factors when buying a boat.