Short Answer: Cabela’s will generally return or exchange items within 60 days of purchase. Select items — such as fishing rods, boots, and waders — include limited warranties that cover replacement or repair due to defects for a period of one to 10 years, depending on the item. For more details about the Cabela’s return policy and warranty policy, see below.
Cabela’s Return Policy
Cabela’s generally accepts returns within 60 days of purchase; after 60 days, it may take your return on a case-by-case basis. This policy applies to all customers, including Cabela’s CLUB cardholders.
There are two return options for most items, regardless of whether you made your purchase at a store, online, or by phone: you can return items to any Cabela’s location or return by mail. Note that online purchases made with Stretch Your Payments (Sezzle) or PayPal aren’t returnable in stores.
Cabela’s prefers that customers make returns with the original receipt or order number, but it may be able to look up your transaction or process your return without the receipt.
Most items are returnable with open packaging, except for gasoline-powered items and drones. You can’t return a gas-powered item after adding fuel to it, and Cabela’s will deny returns of drones or gas-powered items that show signs of use. You can only return these items if they’re unused and in the original packaging with all accessories. They may be eligible for manufacturer warranty repairs/replacements after 60 days or after adding fuel.
Cabela’s will also deny your return if you altered the item or it shows obvious signs of use, such as if you bought arrows and cut them.
- Bargain Cave items
- Black-powder guns
- Brass or bullets
- Mouth calls
- Reloading lead
You can make an in-store return at Cabela’s any time during regular store hours, which are typically 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday. When you arrive at the store, you’ll need to stop at the greeter’s desk so the greeter can check the item(s) you want to return. Then, you can visit the customer service desk to complete your return.
Present the original receipt or order number (if available) along with the item at the customer service desk. The associate may ask you to show a photo ID, particularly if you don’t have any proof of purchase. Cabela’s may limit the number of returns you can make without a receipt.
Note that while Cabela’s allows returns to any store location, you must return U.S. purchases at U.S. stores and Canadian purchases at Canadian stores.
For catalog and internet orders, you can start a mail-in return online and receive a prepaid shipping label. For in-store purchases, you’ll need to print and fill out a return form or write the following information on a piece of paper to include with your return:
- Order information/order number
- Your first and last name
- Your phone number(s) and the best time to reach you
- Whether you want to return or exchange the item
- Your reason for return or exchange
- Information about the purchaser of the item (name, address, phone number, and email address) if it was a gift
Ship the item via FedEx, UPS Ground, or USPS with insurance and delivery confirmation. The return address is as follows:
501 Cliffhaven Rd
Prairie Du Chien, WI 53821
Cabela’s offers a prepaid return label for catalog and online orders that you choose to return by mail. For returns of in-store purchases by mail, you’ll be responsible for the return shipping costs regardless of the item’s size.
All returns by mail for a refund rather than an exchange will require a $7.50 fee. In-store returns are free.
Cabela’s issues refunds as follows:
- Cash or check purchases with receipt: Refund in cash
- Debit or credit card purchases with receipt: Refund to that debit or credit card
- Returns without the receipt: Even exchange or refund to a store merchandise card; if you choose a refund, you’ll receive the lowest sale price of the item plus sales tax.
Cabela’s Warranty Policy
Cabela’s offers limited warranties for select items, mostly from its own Cabela’s brand or brands owned by its parent company, Bass Pro Shops. Cabela’s previously offered a lifetime guarantee for its own-brand merchandise, but this program has been eliminated. The following items are eligible for one-year warranties:
- Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, and Browning Fishing-branded rods and reels
- Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s-branded boots, shoes, and waders
- BPS Prowler trolling motors
- Other products from the Bass Pro Shops-owned brands API Outdoors, ArchEnemy, Ascend Outdoors, Blackout, Bob Timberlake, Darkstar, Hobb’s Creek, KRYVO, Mr. Steak, Natural Reflections, Oculus, Offshore Angler, Playhound, Pro Qualifier, Pursuit, RangeMaxx, Reality Series, RedHead, Ridge Hunter, Rogue, SHE Outdoor, Tournament Series, White River Fly Shop, World Wide Sportsman, and XPS
Additionally, there are select items with lengthier warranty periods:
- Johnny Morris Platinum Signature, Signature, CarbonLite 2.0, and Patriot rods include a 10-year warranty.
- Westland Exact Fit Boat Covers include a six-year warranty with 24-month free replacement.
All items not covered by a Cabela’s warranty, extended warranty, or manufacturer warranty are subject to the standard return policy detailed above.
Making a Claim
Cabela’s warranties cover defects in materials or workmanship but not normal wear and tear or damage from misuse. The retailer will approve claims on a case-by-case basis after inspecting the item.
You can visit a Cabela’s store or contact customer service (firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 237-444) for assistance with your claim. Be sure you have your original, dated sales receipt, as it’s required to submit a warranty claim.
Gear Guard Extended Warranties
Cabela’s offers optional Gear Guard extended warranties for select camping gear, hunting gear, fishing tackle, marine products, electronic devices, and accessories. The cost of the warranty and terms of your Gear Guard contract will vary depending on your purchase. If an item you bought has a Gear Guard warranty rather than a standard Cabela’s warranty, you can file a claim online.
Certain items like boats, trailers, ATVs, UTVs, and hunting/fishing gear may include manufacturer warranties. Cabela’s doesn’t offer repairs for these items but will help facilitate repair through your manufacturer warranty.
- Cabela’s customer service (800) 237-4444