You may be able to get help replacing your brake lights and other exterior lights at AutoZone, but this service is not officially offered companywide. Instead, you can replace the lights yourself or visit an auto shop like Meineke or Pep Boys. For more information on AutoZone’s services and other places where you can get your exterior car lights changed, see below.
Does AutoZone Replace Brake Lights/Tail Lights? Does AutoZone Replace Headlights?
An AutoZone store employee may be able to help you replace your brake lights/tail lights, headlights, and other exterior car lights, but the company does not officially offer this as a service, an AutoZone corporate customer service representative said. Of course, AutoZone, a nationwide auto parts retailer, sells brake lights, headlights, signal and side marker lights, tail lights, and more.
We contacted five AutoZone locations in several different states and store associates said they would need to look at the vehicle to determine whether the brake lights or other bulbs can be replaced easily. If so, a store associate may be willing to help you replace them free of charge after you purchase the bulbs in-store. Customer testimonials on AutoZone’s website mention employees being willing to help check exterior lights and give advice on what to buy and how to replace them. However, if multiple parts need to be removed in order to access the bulb, you may need to take your car to a service center, store associates said.
The List of Places That Replace Exterior Car Lights
While AutoZone does not have vehicle light replacement services, its website has a repair shop finder that can point you to a nearby auto shop. Below, we’ve listed nationwide auto shop chains that will replace exterior car lights — often, for a fee or with an oil change.
- Firestone Complete Auto Care: Firestone inspects electrical connections and replaces light bulbs. You’ll get a 90-day warranty on all headlight bulbs. Find a Firestone Complete Auto Care near you.
- Goodyear Auto Service: Replacement services are offered for headlights, sealed-bulb lights, LEDs, brake lights, turn signals, hazard lights, and marker lights. Find a Goodyear Auto Service near you.
- Jiffy Lube: Jiffy Lube’s oil changes include an inspection of all exterior lights and some stores will replace burned-out bulbs. Find a Jiffy Lube near you.
- Meineke: Meineke offers bulb-changing, headlight housing replacement, and headlight restoration. Find a Meineke near you.
- Pep Boys: Small bulb sales and installation are offered. Restoration is also available for stained, yellowed, or otherwise unclear light casings. Find a Pep Boys near you.
- Valvoline: Light bulb services are included with your oil change. Find a Valvoline near you.
AutoZone sells brake lights, headlights, signal lights, and more. And a store associate may offer to help you install replacement brake lights for free after you purchase new bulbs in-store. However, this is not a service offered by AutoZone companywide. Instead, you can visit an auto repair shop like Jiffy Lube, Meineke, or Valvoline for assistance. For more on services available at AutoZone, see our articles: Does AutoZone Install Batteries? AutoZone Battery Installation Policy and Gasoline Disposal: AutoZone Store Policy Explained and Does AutoZone Do Oil Changes?.
If you’re looking for an auto repair credit card, here are the ones that exist.
In case you think you may lose the receipt, bookmark our article about if AutoZone can lookup your receipt for you.