AutoZone may be able to replace your brake lights and other exterior lights, but this service is not officially offered companywide. If your local AutoZone doesn’t replace exterior lights, you can buy the bulbs at AutoZone and replace them yourself, or you can visit an auto shop like Jiffy Lube, Meineke, or Pep Boys for installation.
Does AutoZone Replace Headlights, Brake Lights, and Tail Lights?
An AutoZone store employee may be able to help you replace your brake lights, tail lights, headlights, and other exterior car lights, but the company does not officially offer this as a service, an AutoZone corporate customer service representative said.
We contacted several AutoZone locations across the U.S., and store associates said they would need to look at the vehicle to determine whether or not they could replace the brake lights or other bulbs.
If they can, a store associate may be willing to help you replace them free of charge after you purchase the bulbs in-store. However, if multiple parts need to be removed in order to access the bulb, you may need to take your car to a service center, store associates said.
Customer testimonials on AutoZone’s website also mention employees being willing to help check exterior lights and give advice on what bulbs to buy and how to replace them.
If you buy parts at AutoZone and need to return them but you’ve lost the receipt, AutoZone can likely look up the receipt in-store for you.
Other Places That Replace Exterior Car Lights
While AutoZone does not officially offer vehicle light replacement services, its website has a repair shop finder that can point you to a nearby auto shop.
Below, we’ve listed nationwide auto shop chains that will replace exterior car lights — often for a fee or free with an oil change.
Firestone Complete Auto Care
- Services: Inspects electrical connections and replaces light bulbs. You’ll get a 90-day warranty on all headlight bulbs.
- Find a Firestone Complete Auto Care
Goodyear Auto Service
- Services: Offers replacement services for headlights, sealed-bulb lights, LEDs, brake lights, turn signals, hazard lights, and marker lights.
- Find a Goodyear Auto Service
- Services: Oil changes include an inspection of all exterior lights and some locations will replace burned-out bulbs.
- Find a Jiffy Lube
- Services: Offers bulb-changing, headlight housing replacement, and headlight restoration.
- Find a Meineke
- Services: Offers small bulb sales and installation, as well as restoration for stained, yellowed, or otherwise unclear light casings.
- Find a Pep Boys
- Services: Oil changes include light bulb services like cleaning and replacement
- Find a Valvoline