Check ‘n Go cashes personal checks at some locations. Fees vary by state and you’ll need a government-issued photo ID to cash a check. We have all the details of Check ‘n Go’s personal check cashing policy, plus fees and requirements for other types of checks.
Does Check ‘n Go Cash Personal Checks?
Check ‘n Go offers personal check cashing services at some of its locations in select states. But you can’t cash personal checks written to yourself or made out to cash, Check ‘n Go customer service representatives said. Fees vary by location and you’ll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID in order to cash a personal check. Check ‘n Go check cashing services are offered in the following states:
- New Mexico
- Rhode Island
Check ‘n Go is a payday loan, cash advance, and check cashing business that offers financial services online and in-store. To confirm whether check cashing is available in your area and what the local fees are, contact your nearest Check ‘n Go or call the corporate customer service line at (800) 561-2274.
Check ‘n Go Check Cashing Fees and Requirements
While check cashing availability and fees vary by state, we called Check ‘n Go stores in several states to find out what you can expect when cashing various checks at your nearest Check ‘n Go. To cash any type of check, you’ll need to provide a government-issued photo ID. Below is the list of the types of checks cashed at select Check ‘n Go locations, along with general fee information.
- Business checks: Fee vary by state and the amount of the check
- Cashier’s checks: Fees are determined on a case-by-case basis. An assessment will take place at the time of the transaction (recommended article: The List of Places That Cash Cashier’s Checks)
- Government checks (including benefits and tax refunds): Fees are determined by the type and amount of the check (recommended article: The List of Places That Cash Tax Refund Checks)
- Insurance checks: Fees vary by state
- Money orders: Fees vary by state and the amount of the money order (recommended article: Where to Get a Free or Cheap Money Order)
- Payroll checks: Fees vary by state and the amount of the check; fees may be up to 3% of the check amount (recommended article: These Are the Places That Cash Payroll Checks and What They Charge)
- Personal checks: Fees vary by state (recommended article: The List of Places That Cash Personal Checks (Stores Not Scams))
Note: Check ‘n Go does not cash traveler’s checks, a corporate customer service manager said.
Does Check ‘n Go cash personal checks? Check ‘n Go cashes personal checks at some of its locations. Fees vary by location.
Suggested article: The List of Local Check Cashing Places that Cash Personal Checks