Shopbop does have an official price match policy, but there are certain requirements. Shopbop price matching is granted on a case-by-case basis. For more details, see below.
Shopbop Price Match Policy
Shopbop, a fashion-based e-commerce platform, does offer price matching, according to our communication with the company. If you find the same item for a lower price on another website, you can reach out to Shopbop via phone, live chat, or email to see if the retailer is in Shopbop’s price-matching network. (For example, Macy’s, Nordstrom, and Saks Fifth Avenue are all in Shopbop’s price-matching network.) If it is, Shopbop will honor the lower price. Keep in mind, price matching must be done at the time of purchase — meaning you can’t ask for a price match after you’ve purchased the item.
According to its website and the customer service representative, the Shopbop price-match policy requires the following:
- The competing retailer’s pricing and/or promotion must be available online (for verification purposes).
- The item must be identical in style and color.
- The item must be first-quality, meaning it came straight from the designer’s showroom.
- The competing retailer must be an authorized brand distributor.
- The competing retailer’s price must be in U.S. dollars.
- Price matching doesn’t apply to auction, discount, or liquidator websites — since those sites are not considered Shopbop competitors.
- You can’t discount an item through price matching and a promotional discount at the same time.
How to Price Match With Shopbop
If you’ve found an item at one of Shopbop’s competing retailers that fits the above description, you can call Shopbop’s customer service at (877) SHOPBOP. You’ll need to provide online evidence of the competitor’s product at a lower price. At that point, the customer service representative will adjust Shopbop’s price and place the order for you over the phone. You cannot place price-matched orders online or via live chat.
Shopbop does price match but only on a case-by-case basis. For more information on other retailers’ price matching policies, see our article: Does Macy’s Price Match? Yes But Only These Stores and Does Overstock Price Match?
Don’t like what you bought at Shopbop? Here’s our article on Shopbop’s return policy.