Sonic Drive-In doesn’t currently accept Apple Pay. Payment methods at Sonic vary by location but, in general, you should be able to pay by cash, debit card, credit card, and gift card. Below, we have all the details.
Does Sonic Take Apple Pay?
Sonic Drive-In does not accept Apple Pay, a corporate customer service representative said. The representative said Sonic is working on accepting Apple Pay in the future but did not give a time frame.
Sonic does, however, accept a variety of other payment methods; payment methods may vary by location. We’ve compiled the list of available payment methods below:
- Cash: Cash is accepted at all Sonic locations.
- Debit and credit cards: All major credit cards are accepted, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- Personal checks: Varies by location. Some Sonic Drive-In locations will accept a personal check with valid photo ID.
- Sonic gift cards: Gift cards can be used at all Sonic locations. Gift cards are also available for purchase at restaurant locations and can be reloaded at the drive-in, online, or via the Sonic app.
- Sonic mobile app: Varies by location. Some Sonic Drive-In locations accept payment via the Sonic mobile app.
Sonic Drive-In is a fast-food chain designed to look like old-fashioned drive-ins. At Sonic, you pull into a parking space and order through a speaker. Your food will be brought out by a Sonic employee. Sonic is known for its drink menu, which offers a wide variety of shakes, floats, and slushes. There are more than 3,500 Sonic locations across the United States.
Apple Pay is a convenient, cashless payment method. It can be used in-store and online at participating merchants. It can also be used to send and receive money.
That’s the Sonic Apple Pay policy. Sonic Drive-In does not accept Apple Pay. All Sonic locations accept cash, debit cards, major credit cards, and gift cards. Some Sonic locations take personal checks and Sonic mobile app payments. Still want chicken? Try the article, Popeyes Accept Apple Pay? Popeyes Apple Pay Policy Listed.
To find out about other fast-food restaurant Apple Pay policies, see our articles: Does Jack in the Box Take Apple Pay? and Does Wendy’s Take Apple Pay? and Does Five Guys Take Apple Pay? and Does Whataburger Accept Apple Pay?.