Walgreens is a nationwide pharmacy and retail chain with locations in every U.S. state. From prescription and over-the-counter meds to health and beauty supplies and even grocery staples, Walgreens is a convenient stop for millions of Americans. But that’s not all — Walgreens offers a variety of money services, too. But does Walgreens cash checks?
Read on to find out more about Walgreens’ check policy and the other money services that this chain does offer.
Does Walgreens Cash Checks?
Walgreens does not cash checks of any kind. You can, however, pay for your purchase with a check, provided you have a valid, government-issued photo ID.
While Walgreens doesn’t cash checks, you can get up to $20 cash back at Walgreens with a debit card. You can learn more about Walgreens’ cash back policy in our article, Walgreens Cash Back Limit, Minimum Purchase, Cards Accepted + More.
Other Money Services at Walgreens
Walgreens does offer a few other money services, including:
- Western Union money transfers. Walgreens does not sell money orders, but you can pay for or pick up a money transfer here. Read more about how money transfers work in our article, Walgreens Money Orders: Everything to Know.
- In-store ATMs. Many Walgreens stores have in-store ATMs.
- Reloadable, prepaid debit cards. Walgreens has GreenDot, American Express, and Vanilla Visa reloadable, prepaid cards. You can sign up for the card and reload it in any Walgreens. After signup, the cards can also be loaded via direct deposit and used anywhere MasterCard, American Express, or Visa is accepted.
- Gift cards. Walgreens sells a large selection of gift cards in-store, and Walgreens gift cards both online and in-store.
- Local public transportation passes. Walgreens is an authorized seller of local transportation authority public transportation tickets for many major cities. Check your local transit authority website to find out if Walgreens sells passes.
Find a Walgreens near you using the Walgreens store locator.
Walgreens offers several money services, such as money transfers, cash back, reloadable, prepaid cards, and more. While check cashing isn’t available, you scan get a lot done at Walgreens! For places where you can cash a check, see our comprehensive list of stores in our article, Check Cashing Place near Me? Or, if you’re insterested specifically in getting to the pharmacy and check cashing in the same trip, see our article Grocery Stores That Cash Checks: Personal, Payroll, Insurance, etc — many of the grocery stores on our list also have pharmacies.