Short Answer: Garmin does not offer a military discount directly, but some Garmin dealers offer military discounts or exclusive military pricing. These dealers include Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s, which each offer a 5% discount; The Exchange and GovX, which offer military pricing starting at $10 off; and ID.me, which offers cash back rewards of 2% to 5% on Garmin products, plus an additional 20% discount for VFW members. For more details, see below.
Garmin Military Discount Policy
Garmin does not offer a military discount for its online or retail stores, customer service representatives said. However, representatives advised that members of the military can buy Garmin products at a discount from some third-party dealers.
We found that Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s each offer a military discount, which applies to Garmin products. Members of the armed forces can also save on select Garmin products using the online military shopping portals The Exchange, GovX, and ID.me. We detail these discounts below.
Bass Pro Shops
- Discount details: 5% off
- Available to active duty and veteran members of the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard, Navy, and Reserves
- Must show an active or expired military ID card, a state-issued ID card that lists your veteran status, or a DD 214 form at the register
- Shop: Find a Bass Pro Shops
- Discount details: 5% off
- Open to active-duty members of all five branches, veterans, and members of the National Guard or Reserves
- For in-store purchases, you must show your active or expired military ID, state-issued ID with veteran status, or Form DD 214 at checkout to verify your status. You can also create a verified account at Cabelas.com or verify by phone to get the discount on Cabelas.com purchases.
- Shop: Find a Cabela’s, call (800) 237-4444 to place an order, or shop online
Note: The Exchange is the online store of the Army & Air Force Exchange Service
- Discount details: Exclusive pricing starting at $10 off on Garmin activity trackers and smartwatches
- Open to active duty, reserve, retired, and honorably discharged members of the U.S. military as well as some civilian government employees and member dependents
- Must verify our identity using the last four digits of your Social Security number, date of birth, and last name; The Exchange may also require you to upload additional documentation like discharge paperwork to VetVerify.org
- Shop: Find Garmin products
- Discount details: Exclusive military pricing on Garmin products including watches and handheld GPS devices; you must log in at GovX.com to see current prices
- Must be an active, veteran, retired, reserve, or ROTC member; law enforcement professional, firefighter, or first responder; military spouse; military dependent of age 18 to 23; government employee, or military academy student
- Must verify your affiliation using a .mil or .gov email address, document upload, or Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) check
- Shop: See current Garmin deals
- Discount details:
- 20% off activity trackers and smartwatches for VFW members
- 2% to 5% cash back on Garmin purchases
- $8 flat rate shipping on orders of Garmin products
- Up to 2% cash back on Garmin watches from Kay Jewelers
- Must be a current service member, veteran, retiree, or immediate military family member
- Must verify your identity using a USAA account, .mil email address, military service record, or document upload
- Shop: See current Garmin promotions
If you would prefer to shop from Garmin directly, it does occasionally hold sales, particularly around the holidays. Garmin does not publish the dates of these sales in advance, but you can enter your email address on the Garmin.com to receive news of current promotions.
For more on military savins, see our articles listing the best available military discounts.