Goodwill Sale Days & Discount Days Broken Down (Up to 75% Off)

Goodwill sign

Short Answer

Goodwill stores have sales regularly, with savings ranging from 25% to 75% off. Savings opportunities at Goodwill include special discount days, color-of-the-week sales, and discounts for students, seniors, and members of the military. Since Goodwill stores are operated regionally, sales schedules vary.

Goodwill Sale Days & Discount Days

Goodwill stores have sales regularly throughout the year. But, since Goodwill Industries International has regional headquarters across the U.S. that operate as independent nonprofits, there is no nationwide sales calendar, Goodwill corporate customer service representatives said.

To find out the best day to shop at Goodwill, contact the regional headquarters office or your local store.

We contacted Goodwill stores in California, Florida, Idaho, Michigan, Missouri, and Tennessee to get an idea of how Goodwill stores schedule their sales. We’ve detailed our findings below.

Half-Off Sales & Color of the Week

Each donated item at Goodwill is given a colored tag before it is put on the sales floor. Goodwill stores often choose one color each week and all of the items with that color tag are 50% off. Signs showing the color of the week can typically be found near the store entrance.

Many of the stores we contacted said the color changes on Mondays; others change the color on Saturdays. And, one of the stores we contacted said it picks two colors each week — one to receive 75% off and the other to receive 25% off.

Contact your local Goodwill to find out the details of its half-off sales and color-of-the-week sales.

Goodwill Discount Days

All of the Goodwill stores we contacted have senior discount days and student discount days.

Discount days and amounts vary by location; some store associates told us every Tuesday is senior discount day and every Wednesday is student discount day. About half of the stores we contacted also offer a military discount day.

At the stores we contacted, senior, student, and military discounts ranged from 10% to 25% off. To receive the discount, you’ll need to show a valid driver’s license, school ID, or military ID.

Goodwill Rewards

Many Goodwill stores have a rewards program through which you can earn points for your purchases. Rewards program rules vary by location. For example, some stores offer one point for every dollar spent and will reward you with a $5 gift certificate once you reach 100 points.

Where available, you can sign up for the rewards program on the store’s website or in-store during checkout.

More Information

To stay up to date on sale events at your local Goodwill, you may want to sign up to receive Goodwill’s newsletter. You’ll need to enter your email address and ZIP code to get information specific to the Goodwill stores in your area.

Your local Goodwill may also have its own website and newsletter.

One thought on “Goodwill Sale Days & Discount Days Broken Down (Up to 75% Off)

  • Teriney smith

    This is a lot of information but no specific schedule. Good will is getting an increasingly poor reputation due to large profits for executives and discounts taken from shoppers. Jewelry online only which is wrong, goodwill your losing local support from neighbors. Prices have escalated most go to Ross, tjmaxx and Walmart, We can get new things for less!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *