Guitar Center does not offer a student discount in-store or online.
To get this information, we spoke with the corporate customer service department and with store associates in Georgia, Kansas, and Washington.
Other Ways to Save at Guitar Center
While Guitar Center does not offer a student discount, there are several other ways to save at the store.
- Outlet: This section of Guitar Center’s website lets you shop for items on clearance or used items. You can filter your search by product type, price, or quality (e.g., open box, blemished)
- Mail-in rebates: Guitar Center lists available mail-in rebates on its website.
- Mobile app: The mobile app lets you set product alerts so you can stay up-to-date on any price drops or sales.
- Gear Card: This is the Guitar Center store credit card. Cardholders earn 5% in rewards for purchases made in-store or online. See our related research for approval odds and more details on the Gear Card.
Student Discounts at Similar Stores
There are a few music stores that offer student discounts.
- Cascio Music: Students and teachers get 10% off any purchase of $69 dollars or more.
- Reverb: College students get 10% off their first purchase of music gear, discounts on music software, and other special deals.
For more savings, see our complete list of places with student discounts.