Guitar Center accepts used gear returns within 45 days of purchase. Keep in mind, the gear must be in the same condition it was sold in to qualify for a return. Certain exceptions and fees may apply. We have all of the details on Guitar Center’s used gear return policy below.
Guitar Center’s Used Gear Return Policy
Guitar Center accepts returns on used gear up to 45 days from the date of purchase, according to the store. The same restrictions, limitations, and possible fees apply to new and used product returns, as detailed in Guitar Center’s Return Policy online. We have the details listed below.
Restrictions and Limitations
Certain items cannot be returned or must be returned within three or 14 days of purchase.
- Items that cannot be returned: Apple hardware, books, CDs, cleaning products, clearance items, computers, demo gear, discontinued items, ear plugs and ear monitors, electronic software, fog fluid, harmonicas, in-ear earbuds, opened software, special orders, tubes, turntable cartridges, and vinyl records
- Items that must be returned within three days of purchase: Vintage instruments
- Items that must be returned within 14 days of purchase: DJ equipment, lighting and/or fog machines, rack signal processors, recording devices, and workstation keyboards
Restocking and Handling Fees
Depending on the item you’re returning and the condition and method in which you return it, restocking and handling fees may apply.
- Apple products: All Apple products are subject to a 10% restocking fee
- Band and orchestra items: Returned woodwind and brass instruments are subject to a $10 sanitization fee; returned mouthpieces are subject to a sanitization fee ($4 for mouthpieces under $300; $8 for mouthpieces over $300); returned bows are subject to a $4 restocking fee
- Items missing accessories or otherwise not in the sold condition: If you don’t have all the original packaging and included accessories, your return may be subject to a minimum 15% restocking fee and/or a handling charge. Handling charges vary by item.
- Items returned by mail: Guitar Center does not cover return shipping costs.
If your used item qualifies for a return, the best way to process a Guitar Center return is to bring it to your nearest Guitar Center store. Online orders can be returned in-store; just be sure to bring a copy of your order confirmation email or the packing slip delivered with your order.
To make a return by mail, you’ll need to request a return authorization (RA) number and pay for return shipping. Call Guitar Center at (866) 498-7882 to get an RA number. Include the RA number when you return the item to the following address:
(Your RA number)
4005 N. Norfleet Road
Kansas City, MO
Refunds are issued as soon as Guitar Center confirms that the item is in returnable condition and will be credited to the method of payment used to make the purchase.
To find out about Guitar Center’s store credit cards, see our related article.
Looking for more on store return policies? See our articles: Can You Return Gift Cards? Gift Card Return Policies by Store (& State), Can You Return an Item to a Different Store? Store Return Rules Listed, and Walmart Return Policy for Opened Items: Return Without the Box? etc.