H-E-B is a grocery store chain with more than 350 stores in Texas as well as some stores in Mexico. Each H-E-B branch has a Business Center where you can cash checks, pay bills, send and receive money, and more. You can even buy passes and permits or renew your vehicle registration at the H-E-B Business Center. In this article, we’ll tell you when the H-E-B Business Center is open and all of the things you can do there.
What Are the H-E-B Business Center Hours?
We surveyed several local branches of H-E-B whose representatives told us that their H-E-B Business Centers are open Monday through Saturday 8 AM to 8 PM and Sundays 10 AM to 6 PM. However, the representatives indicated that these hours could vary across branches, so you can call your local H-E-B to confirm the exact hours in your area if you’re planning to go near closing or opening, or on a weekend.
What Can You Do at the H-E-B Business Center?
H-E-B Business Center offers several services —
- Western Union services: Transfer and receive money via Western Union or pay bills with Western Union. For more information, see the H-E-B Western Union information page or read our article H-E-B Check Cashing (Personal, Payroll, etc) and Money Orders: FAQ.
- Pay bills: Avoid the hassle of mailing checks by paying bills securely and directly through H-E-B’s bill payment system. Just bring your current bill statement and your account number. See the H-E-B bill payments section.
- Cash checks: You can cash payroll, government, and insurance checks and Western Union money orders. Fees begin at $3 per check, but may vary depending on the type of check. Limits also vary by branch. You can receive the money in cash or load it on an H‑E‑B Netspend Prepaid VISA® Debit Card, which you can order on the H-E-B website. For more information, visit the H-E-B check cashing page or read our article H-E-B Check Cashing (Personal, Payroll, etc) and Money Orders: FAQ.
- Withdraw money from your debit card. This will cost you $3 for every transaction up to $3,000. You will be asked to provide an ID. Fees may vary so call your local store to confirm.
- Miscellaneous services: In addition to financial services, you can do other administrative or legal things like make copies, send faxes, or receive notary services at the H-E-B business center. You can also purchase tickets to various attractions; renew your vehicle registration; purchase bus passes, beach parking passes, and garbage stickers (required if you live in Austin or Houston); and get garage or yard sale permits. In select H-E-B branches, you can also purchase hunting and fishing permits.
- Cleaning services: You can rent a BISSELL Rental Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine for 24 to 48 hours.
Whether you need to perform a financial service like cashing a check or paying bills or need to send faxes, buy tickets to the state fair, or rent a deep cleaning machine, chances are you can probably do it at your local H-E-B Business Center. The H-E-B Business Center is usually open 8 AM – 8 PM every day of the week except for Sunday when it’s only open 10 AM – 6 PM.These hours can vary by store, so be sure to check with your local store before you head over.