Since nearly everyone has a teacher to thank for something they’ve learned, it’s no surprise that many companies offer teacher discounts, including many hotels. If you’re a teacher or know someone who is, take note: From budget lodging to luxury resorts, there are many hotels that offer teacher discounts!
Types of Teacher Discounts Offered by Hotels
While you may find hotels that specifically offer teacher discounts, you may also enjoy a discount at hotels that offer special government rates or union rates.
Government rates (rates within the allowable limits set by the government for employees on official business) are offered by many hotels for federal, state, or local government employees. Many hotels consider public school teachers and employees of state colleges and universities to be local and state government employees, respectively. Some even offer this rate to teachers not on official business.
Union rates, negotiated by specific unions for their members, are also available for some teachers. Regardless of the type of discount, hotels will require proper identification showing teacher status, union membership, or other criteria. Check your hotel’s requirements before booking your room to ensure that you are prepared for this or other requirements when you check in.
Bonus: If Airbnb is more your style, you can get up to $55 toward your first Airbnb trip by using our referral link. Note that a lucky member of the FQF staff will also receive credit toward their next Airbnb stay if you sign up through our link.
Hotels With Teacher Discounts
Caesar Entertainment Hotels
- Teacher discount: According to this page of the Caesar website, teachers qualify for 10% off year-round in participating locations in the United States.
- Things to note: This discount can be applied on top of other promotions offered, with some restrictions.
- Hotels included: Bally’s, Flamingo Las Vegas, Harrah’s, Horseshoe, Harvey’s Lake Tahoe, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood, Rio, The Cromwell, The Linq, The Nobu Hotel at Caesar’s Palace, Tunica Roadhouse.
- Find a Caesar Entertainment Hotel
- Teacher discount: Teachers who are city, state, or county government employees on official business qualify for the government rate.
- Things to note: State and local employees qualify only in the state they work in.
- Hotels included: Ascend Hotel Collection, Cambria Hotels and Suites, Clarion, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Econo Lodge, MainStay Suites, Quality, Rodeway Inn, Sleep Inn, Suburban
- Find a Choice Hotel
Galleria Palms Hotel
- Teacher discount: Get 15% off with Galleria Palms Hotel’s Teacher Appreciation Rate.
- Things to note: Includes teachers’ benefits, such as a free continental breakfast and free shuttle service to area attractions.
- Find the Galleria Palms Hotel
Hawks Cay Resorts
- Teacher discount: Use the promotion code “Teachers” for a discount available year-round.
- Things to note: Blackout dates apply.
- Hotels included: Harbor Village, Hawks Cay Penthouse Suites, Hawks Cay Specialty Villas, Hawks Cay Tropical Villas, Marina Village, Sanctuary Village, Sunset Village.
- Find a Hawks Cay Resort
Hilton Hotel Group
- Teacher discount: According to a company representative, teachers who are state government employees (e.g. professors at state colleges) qualify for the government rate in the state where they work.
- Things to note: You can search for a Hilton hotel by landmark or area attraction, such as a government building.
- Hotels included: Canopy, Conrad Hotels and Resorts, Curio, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations, Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, Tapestry Collection, Tru, Waldorf Astoria.
- Find a Hilton Group Hotel
- Teacher discount: According to a company representative, teachers who are government employees may qualify for the state or local government rates.
- Things to note: Discounts are based on availability and may only apply to teachers on official business. Some policies vary by individual hotel.
- Hotels included: AC Hotels, Aloft, Autograph Collection Hotels, Courtyard Marriott, Delta Hotels, Design Hotels, Edition, Element, Fairfield Inn and Suites, Four Points, Gaylord Hotels, JW Marriott, Marriott, Marriott Executive Apartments, Marriott Vacation Club, Meridien, Moxy, Protea Hotels, Renaissance Hotels, Residence Inn Marriott, Sheraton, Springhill Suites Marriott, Stregis, The Luxury Collection, The Ritz-Carlton, Townplace Suites, Tribute Portfolio, W Hotels, Westin.
- Find a Marriott Group Hotel
Myrtle Beach Seaside Resorts
- Teacher discount: Homeschooling parents and teachers get a discount with the promotion code “TEAC.”
- Things to note: This discount cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts.
- Hotels included: Avista Resort, Grande Shores, Prince Resort at the Cherry Grove Pier, Seaside, The Horizon at 77th, Towers at North Myrtle Beach.
- Find a Myrtle Beach Seaside Resort
Preferred Hotels and Resorts
- Teacher discount: Get 20% off the best available rate during the summer.
- Things to note: Also includes “a special amenity” for teachers.
- Hotels included: Preferred hotels are a large collection of independent hotels, resorts, and residences. To find them, see the link below.
- Find a Preferred Hotel
Trade Wind Island Resorts
- Teacher discount: Get at least 10% off the best available rate, with some dates available for deeper discounts.
- Things to note: Blackout dates apply. Some dates are available with savings over 50%.
- Hotels included: Guy Harvey Outpost, Tradewinds Island Grand
- Find a Trade Wind Island Resort
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
- Teacher discount: Special rates are available to teachers and school support staff.
- Things to note: Can’t be combined with other offers.
- Find the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts
- Teacher discount: Teachers and school administrators qualify for 10% off the best available rate.
- Things to note: Blackout dates apply, and this offer can’t be combined with others.
- Hotels included: Club Orlando, Harbor Beach Resort, River Terrace Resort and Convention Center, Wakulla Suites, Wildbear Inn, and all Westgate branded resorts.
- Find a Westgate Resort
Wyndham Hotel Group
- Teacher discount: According to a company representative, teachers qualify for the government rate if they have a state government ID. (Local government employees, such as high school teachers, would not qualify.)
- Things to note: Some blackout dates apply, and policies vary by individual hotel.
- Hotels included: Baymont Inn and Suites, Days Inn, Dolce Hotels and Resorts, Hawthorne Suites, Howard Johnson’s, Knights Inn, Microtel, Ramada Inn, Super 8, Travelodge, Tryp, Wingate, Wyndham, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand.
- Find a Wyndham Group Hotel
Teachers’ Unions That Provide Discounts
Collective bargaining power can help teachers snag a good deal on a hotel stay. There are nearly as many teachers’ unions as there are states of the Union, but we list the national ones here. If you belong to a smaller union, it may be worthwhile to check if they have any available discounts.
American Federation of Teachers
- Members get up to 20% off the best available rate at over 7,700 hotels worldwide.
National Education Association (NEA)
- Members get 20% off their stay at Red Roof Inn.
- NEA Travel Program: Members can search for exclusive prices on resorts and hotels. By accomplishing certain tasks like signing up for a newsletter, they can also earn NEA Travel Dollars to use as partial payment toward their bookings.
- NEA Click & Save: Members and up to five of their friends and family members can check for changing offers on a multitude of things, including hotel stays. Set up email alerts for deals from specific hotels or companies.
And that’s the list of teacher hotel discounts. As you can see, many of the country’s most popular hotel chains and individual hotels offer discount to teachers, whether through specific teacher discounts or through discounts for government employees or teacher union members. Use these discounts for your next vacation or business trip and enjoy the savings!
You may also be interested in the article: Where Foster Parents Can Get Discounts and Free Items