Prescription glasses can be purchased from Walmart online and in-store. Walmart Vision Center orders take three to seven days. Online orders will arrive at your home in about a week. We have all the details on Walmart Vision Center orders, plus instructions on how to order online.
How Long Does It Take to Get Glasses from Walmart?
It takes about three to seven days for a Walmart Vision Center to complete an order for prescription glasses, customer service associates said. The time it takes is based on the prescription.
Walmart Vision Centers offer eye care services, contact lenses, and prescription glasses. Vision centers are available at Walmart Supercenter locations. Basic eye exams start at about $65, though the price varies by location. Most of the Walmart Vision Centers we contacted quoted prices around $65 for a basic exam, but some charged $75 to $100. It’s best to contact your local Walmart store for its Vision Center’s pricing.
Glasses can also be ordered from Walmart online and will be delivered in about a week. Customers can choose from the selection of prescription glasses frames at Walmart.com. An existing prescription is needed to order eyeglasses online; you will enter your prescription and choose from available lens options during checkout. Prescription glasses start at about $40. Single-vision lenses are free with your frame purchase, and progressive no-line lenses are available at an additional charge — usually around $80. Other lens options include:
- Clear lens: No additional charge
- Basic tint lens (for sun protection): Starting at about $40
- Polarized tint lens (for sun protection and glare reduction): Starting at about $50
- Transitions lenses (for indoor and outdoor use): Starting at about $65
After making your lens choice, you’ll need to choose a package option:
- Basic: Free; includes anti-scratch coating
- Most Popular: About $30; includes impact-resistant lenses
- Nikon Eyes Advanced: About $120; includes anti-smudge and water-resistant coatings, plus high-definition digital lenses and a two-year limited coating warranty
- Nikon Eyes Customized: About $150; includes all of the benefits of the Nikon Eyes Advanced package plus thinner and lighter lenses
After making your selections, upload a picture of your prescription. Your new pair of glasses will arrive in about one week; two-day shipping and free in-store pickup are available for some orders.
How long does it take to get glasses from Walmart? You can get prescription glasses from a Walmart Vision Center in three to seven days, depending on your prescription. Prescription glasses can also be ordered online and delivered to your home within about a week.
For more information on Walmart Vision Centers, see our articles: Can I Use CareCredit at Walmart? Which Departments Take It, & More and Does Walmart Vision Center Accept Medicaid? And Pharmacy, Clinic?