Style Encore buys like-new women’s clothing, handbags, outerwear, and accessories. You can expect to get about 10 to 15% of the original sale price when you sell at Style Encore. Prices will depend on the type of item, brand, style, and condition. Style Encore pays more for items that have strong demand or are from well-known designers, such as Michael Kors or Nike. For a breakdown of prices by category, see below.
How Much Does Style Encore Pay for Clothes?
Style Encore pays cash for trendy, “next to new” women’s clothing (sizes 0 to 28), shoes, handbags, and accessories. Certification of authenticity is required for designer handbags and accessories to avoid illegal counterfeit sales. Top-selling brands at Style Encore include Burberry, Kate Spade, Lauren Ralph Lauren, and Tory Burch. It also accepts items from stores like Anthropologie, Evereve, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Von Maur.
Clothing and accessories at Style Encore are priced 50 to 70% off retail prices. The store will buy items at about one-third of the price it will sell them for, meaning you can expect to earn about 10 to 15% of the item’s original sale price when you sell at Style Encore.
To sell at Style Encore, visit your nearest store any time during normal business hours; no appointment is necessary. A buyer will inspect your items and put together a cash offer for the items the store would like to buy.
We’ve listed some general price estimates by category below, compiled by calling Style Encore locations in 12 states — Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia — and by checking online product listings from the Instagram accounts of individual Style Encore stores. Style Encore is a franchise; stores are independently owned and operated.
- Style Encore buys: Business attire (blazers, blouses, dresses, skirts), casual clothing (jeans, leggings, shorts, T-shirts), and activewear
- Preferred brands: Adidas, Banana Republic, Burberry, Champion, DKNY, Free People, Lauren by Ralph Lauren, Lucky Brand, lululemon athletica, MICHAEL Michael Kors, Nike, Simply Vera Wang, The Limited, Tommy Hilfiger, and Under Armour
- Price range: $2 to $14 for activewear; $2 to $5 for blouses; $2 to $6 for jeans; $3 to $10 for dresses; about $15 for high-end items like designer blazers
- Style Encore buys: Sunglasses
- Preferred brands: Fossil, Ray-Ban, The Limited, and Tiffany Eyewear
- Price range: Under $5 for sunglasses from inexpensive brands or stores like Target; $12 to $30 for designer eyewear
- Style Encore buys: Crossbody bags, hobo bags, satchels, totes, wallets, and wristlets
- Preferred brands: Betsey Johnson, Chanel, Coach, Fendi, Gucci, Guess, Kate Spade, and Vera Bradley
- Price range: $10 to $12 for designer wallets; $10 to $15 for small and crossbody designer bags; $20 to $40 for larger bags; and $100 or more for luxury brands like Louis Vuitton
- Style Encore buys: Bracelets, earrings, necklaces, and rings
- Preferred brands: Alex and Ani, Betsey Johnson, Charming Charlie, Coach, Kate Spade, Lilly Pulitzer, and Pandora
- Price range: $1 to $3 for low-end jewelry; about $5 for brands like Vineyard Vines and Kate Spade; $10 to $20 for brands like Kendra Scott
- Style Encore buys: Athletic jackets, winter coats, denim jackets, light jackets, and vests
- Preferred brands: Canada Goose, Columbia, Eddie Bauer, L.L. Bean, and The North Face
- Price range: $5 to $10 for brands like H&M and Forever 21; $8 to $10 for denim jackets; $10 for vests; $8 to $15 for light and athletic jackets; $16 to $20 for heavier puffers and peacoats
- Style Encore buys: Boots, flats, flip-flops, heels, pumps, sandals, sneakers, and wedges
- Preferred brands: Aerosoles, Aldo, BCBGeneration, Naturalizer, Nine West, Sperry, and Steve Madden
- Price range: $2 for low-end brands like Shoedazzle; $7 to $10 for casual and athletic shoes; $10 to $15 for designer sandals; $10 to $15 for designer flats; $8 to $20 for designer heels and wedges; $20 to $30 for boots from brands like Hunter and Coach
Style Encore buys gently used women’s clothing and accessories for about one-third of the price it will sell them for, so you can expect 10 to 15% of the original sales price when you sell at Style Encore. Prices will depend on demand, condition, brand, style, and location.
For more resale shop information, see our article on the best resale shops. If you have a few special items to sell, you may be interested in selling your clothes directly to customers through sites like Poshmark.