Nail salons typically charge about $10 to remove acrylic nails — unless you are in Los Angeles or New York City, where costs tend to be a bit higher. For more details, see below.
How Much Does It Cost to Get Acrylic Nails Removed?
We contacted nail salons across the country and found that the average price for acrylic nail removal is about $10 — unless you live in Los Angeles or New York City. Salons in these areas typically charge about $20 for the same service. Here are a few of the salons we contacted and their pricing information:
- Chicago: Bedazzled Nails and Spa — Acrylic/Gel Soak Off, $10
- Grandville, Mich.: Millennium Nails & Spa — Nail Take Off, $10
- Houston: Pro Nails Spa — Acrylic Removal, $10
- Los Angeles: Luxe Nail & Spa Boutique — Acrylic Removal, $20
- Nashville, Tenn.: Village Nails and Spa — Take Off Acrylic, $10
You can, of course, opt to remove acrylic nails yourself. Several of the nail salons we contacted said the best DIY method is to use acetone nail polish remover. Keep in mind, acetone is a flammable liquid, so take care to store it properly and follow the usage directions carefully.
Interested in fresh nails and makeup? See our article on Ulta Beauty makeover costs and services.
Getting acrylic nails removed at a nail salon typically costs about $10. However, salons in major cities like Los Angeles and New York City charge about $20 for the service. If you’d rather DIY, try acetone nail polish remover.