JCPenney doesn’t offer a student discount, corporate customer service representatives said. We also spoke to store associates in Florida, Indiana, Texas, and Utah to confirm this information. Below we’ve outlined other ways to save at JCPenney, plus a list of similar stores that do offer student discounts.
Other Ways to Save at JCPenney
While JCPenney doesn’t have a student discount, there are a few other ways to save at the store. These include:
- JCPenney Rewards Program: This program lets you earn points when you shop; you get a $10 reward for every 200 points you earn.
- JCPenney Credit Card: Cardholders are automatically enrolled in the rewards program, earn rewards points twice as fast as other members, and receive other perks such as special savings days.
- Price matching: If you find a lower price for an identical item at another retailer within 14 days of purchasing the item at JCPenney, you can bring your receipt and the competitor’s ad to a JCPenney store. JCPenney will price match and give you an extra 5% discount.
Student Discounts at Similar Stores
There are several other clothing and department stores that do offer student discounts. These include:
- Calvin Klein: 10% discount for college students; online only
- H&M: 15% discount for college students; online only
- Target: When you create a college registry, you will receive 15% off any remaining items on the registry after your friends and family members shop.
For more stores that offer student discounts, see our list of over 100 places with student discounts.