KB Home does not typically disclose its home upgrade prices until after you have selected a lot within a specific community and met with a representative at a KB Home Design Studio. We reached out to multiple KB Home communities in Florida and Arizona to confirm this.
When asked why KB Home does not reveal its pricing, a representative with the Marbella Ranch development in Glendale, AZ, said that upgrade prices and availability change rapidly.
Prices may even change from the time you sign your contract until closing, though usually not by thousands of dollars, the representative explained.
Examples of KB Home Upgrade Pricing
While it is important to note that KB Home’s upgrade prices are property- and community-specific, we were able to obtain some pricing examples by speaking with KB Home representatives. We detail these examples below.
- Covered patio: $3,870 to $7,425
- Den bedroom conversion: $3,630
- Door options: $1,130 to $6,420
- Garage access door: $1,220
- Linen closets: $785
- Loft bedroom conversion: $2,185
- Master bath bedroom conversion: $3,185
- Raised ceilings: $3,915
- Backsplashes: $80 to $1,480
- Bathroom countertops: $135 to $665
- Cooktops: $635 to $685
- Dishwashers: $100 to $1,135
- Doors: $160 to $5,620
- Dryers: $635 to $1,555
- Extended kitchen cabinets: $3,145
- Fans: $150 to $255
- Faucets and shower heads: $50 to $840
- Flooring: $700
- General cabinetry: $105 to $650
- Home network wiring: $110 to $480
- Hoods: $235 to $1,050
- Insulation: $2,055
- Kitchen granite: $1,260 to $3,620
- Landscaping: $1,455 to $3,825
- Lighting: $25 to $665 per fixture
- Ovens: $795 to $3,040
- Paint: $540 to $3,080
- Plumbing: $565 to $3,805
- Ranges: $155 to $1,275
- Refrigerators: $1,280 to $3,325
- Security systems: $145 to $2,145
- Sinks: $70 to $1,570
- Stair rails: $645 to $2,290
- Trim: $695 to $1,380
- Washers: $645 to $1,510
- Whole house cabinets: $135 to $3,460
- Window treatments: $1,050 to $11,600
Please note that these prices may vary based on when you consult a designer and where the property is located.
The only way to determine the exact upgrade prices for a specific property is to speak with a KB Home representative or visit a KB Home Design Studio.