Want to order takeout but don’t have any cash on you? Thanks to partnerships between PayPal and restaurants/online ordering sites and apps, you can still satisfy your craving. Here’s what you need to know about ordering food (even pizza) with PayPal and which restaurants let you do it.
How to Order Food and Pay with PayPal
To order food online with PayPal, you need an active PayPal account. It’s free to sign up for PayPal. Once you have an account, you can link your debit card, credit card, or bank account to pay for purchases.
When you place an order through an online food ordering site that accepts PayPal, select ‘Pay with PayPal’ at checkout. You are also able to pay for the delivery fees, service fees, and even add a tip for your delivery driver using your PayPal funds.
Where to Order Food and Pay with PayPal
The following individual restaurants accept PayPal for online or app orders:
1. Burger King
- Overview: With the BKapp, users can browse the Burger King menu, access online coupons, and place an order to pick up at the store.
- How to order food: Download the app, find your nearest store, and create your order. Be sure to select checkout with PayPal on your order screen. You must use their app to place an online order.
- Download the BKapp for Android
- Download the BKapp for Apple
2. Panera Bread
- Overview: Panera Bread’s online ordering system allows you to order online to pick up at the restaurant or schedule delivery.
- How to order food: Simply enter your location to find the nearest Panera restaurant, select your desired items from their online menu and checkout with PayPal. You can order from Panera Bread’s website or use its mobile app.
- Order Food Online with Panera Bread
- Download Panera Bread app for Apple
- Download Panera Bread app for Android
Online Order Services
The following online ordering services accept PayPal and allow you to order from a wide variety of local restaurants.
- Overview: BringMeThat has a network of over 150,000 restaurants.
- How to order food: Enter your address on the website’s homepage to find restaurants in your area. BringMeThat’s online ordering system allows you to see each restaurant’s menu and prices and customize orders. You have the option for pickup or delivery.
- Fees: BringMeThat adds a $4.50 service fee and restaurants may add additional charges for delivery.
- Order food online with BringMeThat
- Overview: EatStreet partners with over 15,000 restaurants in over 250 cities. They also offer rewards and a coupon program.
- How to order food: To order food online with EatStreet, enter your address on EatStreet’s homepage, select your restaurant, pick your items, and submit your order.
- Fees: EatStreet is free for you to use, but restaurants may add additional charges for delivery.
- Order food online with EatStreet
- Download the EatStreet app for Android
- Download the EatStreet app for Apple
- Overview: Eat24 allows you to order food online from more than 35,000 restaurants in 1,500 cities. Eat24 is on the Yelp platform, meaning you have access to thousands of restaurant reviews by Yelp users to help you decide where to order from.
- How to order food: Enter your address, select a restaurant, and place your order directly from the restaurant’s menu.
- Fees: Eat24 is free for you to use, but restaurants may add additional charges for delivery.
- Order food online with Eat24
- Download the Eat24 app for Android
- Download the Eat24 app for Apple
- Overview: GrubHub’s online ordering system makes it easy to add multiple items and customize orders.
- How to order food: Enter your address on GrubHub’s home page and choose the restaurant you want to place an order with. You can select pickup or delivery.
- Fees: GrubHub is free for you to use, but restaurants may add additional charges for delivery.
- Order food online with GrubHub
- Download the GrubHub app for Android
- Download the GrubHub app for Apple
- Overview: PayPizzaPal allows you to use your PayPal account to buy e-gift cards for pizza delivery restaurants and then use those e-gift cards to order pizza online.
- How to order food: Choose between Domino’s, Pizza Hut, or Papa Johns, select your e-gift card amount, and check out. After ordering, you will receive an e-mail containing an e-gift card code. Enter that code into your favorite pizza restaurant’s website and enjoy.
- Fees: PayPizzaPal adds fees for their service. A $10 gift card costs $13.97 after their fees are added on, a $25 gift card costs $32.50 after fees, and a $50 gift card costs $59.97 after fees.
- Order food online with PayPizzaPal
If you want to order food and pay with PayPal, you have many options. While there are only a few restaurants that accept PayPal directly, there are thousands more available through food delivery apps. To take advantage of these services, make sure your PayPal account is funded and/or linked to a debit/credit card or bank account. Keep in mind that fees may be associated with using these services.
Need more options for where to go and are willing to sacrifice such easy ordering? Here’s our list of restaurants that accept PayPal for dining in.