Planning a big purchase for your home, such as new furniture, appliances, or electronics, can be an exciting but financially stressful time. Luckily, there are stores like Rent-A-Center that offer a variety of rent-to-own financing options. In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about furnishing or upgrading your home through Rent-A-Center.
In This Article
- What Is Rent-A-Center?
- Payment Options
- Rent-A-Center Worry-Free Guarantee
How Rent-A-Center Works
What Is Rent-A-Center?
Rent-A-Center offers rent-to-own payment plans for furniture, electronics, and appliances, letting you take the prices of big-ticket items and spread them out into small, affordable payments. So you can furnish, redecorate, or upgrade items for your home without needing to provide full payment upfront and or put the purchase on a credit card. Once you make your final payment, you’ll own the item or items that were included in your rental agreement.
At Rent-A-Center, rent-to-own furniture items include a variety of living room sets, sofas, recliners, TV stands, electric fireplaces, and dining room sets. Furniture items also include bedroom furniture for adults and kids and mattresses. Rent-to-own appliances include refrigerators, freezers, ovens, dishwashers, and washers and dryers. Rent-to-own electronics include computers, smartphones, TVs, home theater and audio systems, and video game consoles.
Rent-A-Center offers a variety of payment plans so you can choose the one that works best for your household income. You can choose to make frequent payments, such as a weekly payment plan, a twice a month plan, or a once a month plan. Choose whichever lines up with your paychecks. You’ll have three options to make your payments: in store, over the phone, or online. You don’t need to have established credit to use the rent-to-own program, but you will be required to provide an address, employment information, and a few references. It’s a good idea to get that information together in preparation for your visit to Rent-A-Center. You can also apply for rent-to-own online.
In addition to a variety of payment plans, some Rent-A-Center locations also offer a 90-day same-as-cash payment option. This means that if you pay off your rental agreement in full within 90 days, your total price will be the same as if you had walked into a store and paid cash for your item on day one, eliminating any additional fees or charges.
If you find that you’re struggling with the payment plan you chose, Rent-A-Center allows you to return your items and pause your payments at any time. By pausing payments, you don’t lose the money you’ve already invested in your new items. Rent-A-Center will let you resume payments and receive your items, or comparable items, again whenever you’re ready.
Rent-A-Center Worry-Free Guarantee
A perk of renting through Rent-A-Center is the worry-free guarantee, which means there are no hidden fees for services like delivery and set-up or repairs — all of these services are already included in the rent-to-own payment plan. If your purchase needs repairs, Rent-A-Center will even provide a loaner item while you wait for yours to be repaired. You also have the option of upgrading your rent-to-own item while it is still under your payment plan. There are no service fees to upgrade, and your payments will just be adjusted according to the new item you choose for your upgrade.
It’s important to note, however, that some services, such as no additional charge for delivery and setup, may vary by Rent-A-Center location. Make sure to ask your local Rent-A-Center representative for specific details on what is or is not included with your rent-to-own payment plan. You may look up your local Rent-A-Center store.
Places Like Rent-A-Center
There are many stores like Rent-A-Center that have rent-to-own or lease-to-own options for furniture, appliances, and electronics. Below, we’ve compiled the list of stores like Rent-A-Center.
- Items available: Everything in Aaron’s stores and on Aaron’s website is available for lease-to-own. Items include:
- Furniture: Sofas and sectionals, living rooms, bedrooms, dining rooms, mattress sets, recliners and chairs, TV stands, and accessories
- Electronics: TVs, TV bundles, laptops and tablets, desktops and monitors, gaming, audio and video
- Appliances: Washers and dryers, refrigerators, freezers, and ovens
- Seasonal: Lawn and outdoor, fireplaces
- Payment plans:
- Lease-to-own: 12, 18, or 24-month plan options with an option of making one or two payments per month
- Same as cash: If you pay off your plan within 120 days (90 days in California), you will pay the price for your merchandise plus tax and the cost of lease services will be waived.
- Source: A customer service representative and the Aaron’s “Own It” page
- Find an Aaron’s
2. Atlantic Bedding & Furniture
- Items available: All merchandise is available for lease-to-own. Merchandise includes:
- Furniture: Living rooms, bedrooms, dining rooms, offices, entertainment, kids’ rooms, and accents
- Payment plans:
- Lease-to-own: 12-month payment plan
- Same as cash: Pay only the invoice amount and the application processing fee within 90 days of the delivery date of your merchandise
- 65% buyout option: You may own your merchandise outright by paying 65% of the balance left on your account after 90 days.
- Source: Atlantic Bedding & Furniture financing
- Location: Atlantic Bedding & Furniture has locations along the east coast. Find an Atlantic Bedding & Furniture.
3. Bestway Rent-to-Own
- Items available: All items online are available for rent-to-own. Some items online may not be stocked in stores, but they can be special ordered if necessary. Items include:
- Furniture: Living rooms, bedrooms, mattresses, dinettes, recliners, fireplaces, and accessories
- Appliances: Washers and dryers, ovens, refrigerators, and freezers
- Electronics: TVs, smartphones, audio, TV stands, and game systems
- Computers: Laptops and tablets
- Payment plans:
- Rent-to-own: Contract terms vary depending on the item. Payments are available as weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly options.
- Same as cash: Pay off your item or items within 90 days and pay the item amounts plus applicable taxes.
- Source: A Bestway Rent-to-Own customer service representative.
- Location: Bestway Rent-to-Own has locations in Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas. Find a Bestway Rent-to-Own.
4. Buddy’s Home Furnishings
- Items available: While all items on the Buddy’s Home Furnishings website are available for rent-to-own, not all items may be available in your local store. Items not available locally can be shipped to your local store, but there will be a wait time of approximately 2-3 weeks. Items available for rent-to-own include:
- Furniture: Living rooms, bedrooms, dining rooms, home office, home entertainment, accent, and accessories
- Electronics: TVs, smartphones, game systems, audio systems, and DVD/ Blu-ray players
- Computers: Tablets, desktop, and laptops
- Appliances: Washers and dryers, air conditioners, ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators, and freezers
- Outdoor: Lawn and garden, outdoor furniture
- Payment plans:
- Rent-to-own: Contracts vary depending on the item but are usually offered in 12, 18, or 24-month terms. Payments are available as weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly options.
- Same as cash: Pay off your item or items within 4 months and pay only the item prices and applicable taxes.
- Source: A customer service representative and the Buddy’s Home Furnishings website
- Location: Buddy’s Home Furnishings has locations throughout the central and southeastern U.S. as well as in New Mexico. Find a Buddy’s Home Furnishings.
5. Conn’s Home Plus
- Items available: All items on the Conn’s Home Plus website are available for financing or lease-to-own.
- Furniture: Mattresses and bedding, living rooms, bedrooms, recliners, dining rooms, home office, TV stands, home theater furniture, and accessories
- Appliances: Refrigerators, freezers, washers and dryers, dishwashers, garbage disposals, ovens, microwaves, air conditioners, vacuums, and outdoor grills
- Electronics: TVs, audio, headphones, and home theater accessories
- Computers: Laptops, desktops, printers, routers, and accessories
- Payment plans: Conn’s offers different forms of financing:
- Conn’s credit card: You can apply to be approved for a Conn’s credit card. The terms will vary depending on your credit and the items you purchase with the credit card. The minimum contract is for one year.
- Yes money: Yes money is Conn’s in-house financing. Like the credit card option, approval and terms will vary depending on your credit and the items you are purchasing. The minimum contract is for one year.
- Lease-to-own: This option is not credit based. You must make your monthly payments via debit card or a bank account withdrawal.
- Early buy-out: A 90-day early buyout option is available for lease-to-own purchases.
- Source: A Conn’s Home Plus customer service representative.
- Location: Conn’s Home Plus has locations throughout the southeastern and southwestern U.S. Find a Conn’s Home Plus.
- Items available: All items on the FlexShopper website are available for lease-to-own. If you are looking for something specific that FlexShopper doesn’t have, you can use the personal shopper option which will find the product you need elsewhere at no additional cost to you. Items on the FlexShopper website include:
- Furniture: Living rooms, kitchen and dining rooms, bedrooms, and patio furniture
- Appliances: Washers and dryers, refrigerators, freezers, microwaves, ovens, dishwashers, and small kitchen appliances
- Electronics: TVs, home theaters, video games, portable audio, home audio, cameras, and camcorders
- Computers: Laptops, desktops, printers and scanners, monitors, Apple watches, tablets, e-readers, routers, and computer accessories
- Other items: Mattresses, musical instruments, wheels and tires, home and garden, health, fitness, and sports
- Payment plans:
- Lease-to-own: Lease terms are for 52 weeks (one year). If you make all required payments for 52 weeks, you own the items. The initial lease term varies by state but is between 7-29 days, during which time you must make weekly payments. You may switch to bi-weekly or monthly payments by providing a debit/ credit card and a paystub showing that you are paid bi-weekly or monthly.
- Same as cash: Pay off your items within 90 days of your lease and pay only the full cash price of the items plus applicable taxes.
- Source: FlexShopper FAQs
- Location: FlexShopper doesn’t have any physical stores. Shop online with FlexShopper.
7. Rent Delite
- Items available: All items on the Rent Delite website are available for lease-to-own. Items include:
- Furniture: Living rooms, dining rooms, sofas, sectionals, bedrooms, mattresses, home entertainment, kids’ furniture, and home office
- Appliances: Washers & dryers, refrigerators & freezers, dishwashers, and air cooling & heating
- Electronics: Video games, audio, home theater, smartphones, smart watches, and TVs
- Computers: Laptops, desktops, computer accessories, and tablets
- Fashion: Accessories and designer handbags (Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors)
- Payment plans:
- Rent-to-own: In order to rent-to-own through Rent Delite, you need to complete an online application to get an approval amount. You can then rent-to-own anything within that approved amount. Rent contracts are for one year. Your payment schedule will depend upon your paycheck frequency. For example, if you get paid bi-weekly, then you will make bi-weekly payments to Rent Delite.
- Early payoff option: There are no same as cash options, but you may make an early payoff before the one year mark on your rental agreement. Early payoff amounts are based on the state you live in and how much you have already paid towards your rental agreement.
- Source: Rent Delite FAQs and a Rent Delite customer service representative.
- Location: Rent Delite doesn’t have any physical stores. Shop on the Rent Delite website.
Rent-A-Center offers affordable rent-to-own payment options for furniture, appliances, and electronics. By splitting up the cost of big-ticket items into small, affordable payments, Rent-A-Center makes it easier to furnish, redecorate, or upgrade your home, offer a variety of payment options, including weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payments. Rent-A-Center also offers a 90 day same as cash option, and its worry-free guarantee means that there are no hidden fees for delivery, setup, and repairs. It is all included in your rental agreement. Other rent-to-own stores include Aaron’s, Atlantic Bedding & Furniture, Bestway Rent-to-Own, Buddy’s Home Furnishings, Conn’s Home Plus, FlexShopper, and Rent Delite. For additional retailers who offer rent-to-own options on a variety of items, visit our articles about Progressive Leasing Stores, Rent to Own Furniture Stores, and Rent to Own Online Stores.