You can return most items to Ace Hardware within 30 days of purchase. You’ll need to bring the receipt and all the original parts and packaging with your return, and you’ll be refunded to your original payment method. Find more details of the Ace Hardware return policy below.
Ace Hardware Return Policy
You have 30 days from the purchase date to make a return to Ace Hardware, and the item must be in new or like-new condition. This policy applies to all Ace stores.
Returns at Ace Hardware require the receipt, a valid ID, and the original packaging and accessories. This includes extra pieces, instruction manuals, and other supporting documents. You will receive a refund to your original form of payment, unless you paid for the items with Ace Rewards, in which case you forfeit the Reward value.
If you don’t have your receipt, store associates may be able to look up the transaction, though return acceptance depends on store manager approval. If the store accepts your return without the receipt, you may be refunded in the form of a gift card/store credit.
There are a few exceptions to the Ace Hardware standard return policy, including:
- Gas-powered outdoor equipment: Includes lawnmowers, tillers, trimmers, blowers, generators, tractors, and chainsaws; only returnable in brand-new condition and in the original packaging. You can’t return these items if you’ve put in any gas or oil — if you’ve used the equipment and have product issues, you’ll need to contact the manufacturer.
- Magnolia Home Paint products: Non-refundable even if unused; contact Customer Care at (888) 827-4223 if there is an issue with the paint.
- Gift cards: Not returnable for any reason
- Clearance items: Final sale and non-refundable
- Hazardous materials: Hazardous materials (such as flammable liquids) are only returnable to an Ace store, not by mail.
Ace Hardware recommends returning your items — even online purchases — to your nearest store location. If there isn’t a store near you or you prefer to mail in your return, call Customer Care at (888) 827-4223 for assistance.
Your refund will include the value of the item, but not the shipping costs. The only time Ace Hardware will refund shipping costs is if the company sent you the wrong item or the item was defective.