RushCard does not post direct deposits at any particular time. It will clear your direct deposit up to two days prior to your payday, but the timing will depend on when your employer provides payment instructions. Government benefits may process up to four days early.
You can receive your deposit early only if your employer or government benefits provider sends payment instructions before your official payday, representatives for RushCard and Green Dot, its issuer, said. RushCard will post your deposit as soon as it receives the payment instructions; it cannot expedite your direct deposit otherwise.
Note that your employer or benefits provider may not submit the payment instructions at the same time during each pay period, so you may not always receive your deposits early.
To find out more about Green Dot, the parent company of RushCard, see our article about when Green Dot posts direct deposits.
Tracing RushCard Deposits
If you’re concerned about the status of a deposit, you can trace the deposit to make sure it will reach your account. If your direct deposit is from your employer, take the following steps:
- Contact your employer to verify that the direct deposit transaction is scheduled.
- Ask your employer for the transaction’s trace number.
- Call RushCard’s customer service department at (888) 569-7730 and provide the trace number. An associate will investigate the transaction and report your deposit’s status within 48 hours.
If your deposit comes from a government agency, you should contact the agency directly. Contact information for agencies that commonly provide benefits includes:
- U.S. Social Security Administration: (800) 772-1213
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: (877) 838-2778
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management: (202) 606-1800