Leasing or owning a tractor-trailer is a goal of many truck drivers; however, if you have poor credit history, getting approved can prove challenging. Fortunately, several carriers offer lease and lease-to-own options for semis that don’t require a credit check. We have the list of carriers below that offer semi truck leasing programs with no credit check required, as well as other information about the lease terms.
What to Know Before Leasing a Semi
Before you lease a semi truck, you may want to compare carriers and leasing companies to find the best option for your situation. You can talk to other drivers and search for testimonials and reviews online to get a sense of what you can expect from each company.
Once you find a carrier, you should make a detailed budget to ensure that the lease makes financial sense. You’ll need to include costs like your lease payment, fuel, maintenance, licensing, and permits. In addition to the lease payment, check with the carrier to see if it expects you to make a down payment, get your own insurance, contribute to a maintenance fund, pay for excess mileage, or cover other costs. You should also consider things like health insurance (if you’ll be operating independently), administrative expenses (like filing your own taxes), cellular service, workman’s compensation insurance, legal fees, and weight tickets. Calculating and running all the numbers will help you get a sense of whether or not you’ll be able to meet your income goals through a lease program.
Also, be sure to read the fine print before signing any contract. Check for things like mileage limits, whether your lease has a “walk away” policy, and under what conditions you’ll be able to access repair money.
What We Recommend
For a semi truck leasing option with no credit check, no mileage limitations, flexible payment terms, and the opportunity to drive with any carrier in the U.S., consider leasing through LRM Leasing. The company also has consistently positive reviews on Consumer Affairs.
The following semi truck leasing programs do not require a credit check; we’ve ordered the list below starting with the best overall options.
- Lease terms: Lease and finance options with no credit check and no mileage limitations. You can work with any carrier in the U.S.
- Payment terms: LRM offers weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payments. Lease terms vary from 24 to 42 months depending on what you’re leasing.
- Company reviews: LRM Leasing has a rating of 4.9 out of five stars on Consumer Affairs, and it is a Consumer Affairs accredited brand.
- Find out more and apply
Contract Transport Services
- Lease terms: Lease-to-purchase program with a 30-day warranty; for drivers under the authority of CTS living within 300 miles of Green Bay, WI
- Payment terms: No money down, no weekly payments, no balloon payments, and no credit check
- Company reviews: Contract Transport Services is not yet rated or accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
- To apply with Contract Transport Services, call (800) 709-1815 or email [email protected]
ATS (Anderson Trucking Service)
- Lease terms: One-, two-, and three-year lease-purchase program on select vehicles; you must sign on as an owner-operator with ATS.
- Payment terms: You do not need to put money down. No credit check is required.
- Company reviews: ATS has an average rating of 3.3 out of five stars on employee review sites like Indeed and Glassdoor.
- Find out more and apply, or call (800) 343-8787
- Lease terms: Must sign on to drive with Risinger; lease-purchase drivers are eligible for bonuses and other perks. Qualification is based on your motor vehicle record (MVR), a pre-employment screening program (PSP), and any other background check.
- Payment terms: Liability and cargo insurance are provided at no charge. You also get a free navigation system and Transflo set up. Special recognition bonus is given when you pay off your lease.
- Company reviews: Risinger has an average rating of 3.3 out of five stars on employee review sites like Indeed.
- Find out more or apply
- Lease terms: Lease terms are typically between two to five years with smaller payments; lease payments are generally treated as tax-deductible.
- Payment terms: Little to no money down due for some financing programs; up to 50% down due for other programs; credit and employment history are among the considerations in determining the down payment
- Company reviews: Perry Funding has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, but it is not accredited.
- Find out more and apply, or call (301) 791-0707
Interested in other ways to further your career as a driver? See our article on large trucking companies that offer company-paid CDL training.