Aaron’s is a lease-to-own furniture, appliance, and electronics store with locations all over the United States. Aaron’s offers 12, 18, or 24 month payment plans with a 120 day same as cash option in some stores. Keep reading for details on Aaron’s lease ownership plans and the list of places like Aaron’s.
Payment Plans & Options at Aaron’s
Aaron’s offers lease ownership payment plans on their furniture, electronics, and appliances. This means that if you’re looking to make a big purchase, Aaron’s will spread the payments of the item or items you want out over several months. This way, you don’t need to worry about being able to pay for big-ticket items upfront. Aaron’s lease-to-own furniture includes sofas and sectionals, loveseat sets, living room sets, bedroom sets, dining room sets, mattresses, recliners and chairs, and TV stands and accessories. The lease-to-own appliances include washer and dryer sets, refrigerators, freezers, ovens, and dishwashers. Lease-to-own electronics at Aaron’s include TVs, TV bundles, laptops and tablets, desktops and monitors, gaming, audio, and video. Aaron’s also offers seasonal items such as lawn and outdoor items and fireplaces.
Aaron’s lease ownership plans are available in 12, 18, or 24-month terms, and during that time, you’ll make regular payments on your items until they’re paid off. Once your final payment has been made, you’ll own the items. Delivery and setup fees are included in your payment plan price. There is also no additional fee to have your items repaired or replaced if needed while under lease. Once you pay off your lease, Aaron’s offers a 60 day extended warranty should you wish to purchase one.
Aaron’s also offers a 120-day same-as-cash option (90 days if you’re in California) in some stores. This means if you pay off your leased items within 120 days, you’ll only have to pay the price of your items plus applicable taxes, and the cost of lease services will be waived. So your total price will be as if you had purchased your items outright on day one.
Requirements & How to Set Up a Lease to Own Plan
You can lease-to-own through Aaron’s either by visiting the store nearest you or setting it up online by simply choosing the items you want to lease and then following the prompts. Whether visiting a store or shopping online, there’s some basic information you’ll need to have available: name, address, contact information, and income information. Aaron’s will verify this information, so make sure you’ve got everything up-to-date to avoid delays in processing your lease-to-own payment plan. You’ll also need a photo ID handy, such as a driver’s license, a military ID, or other government-issued ID. While Aaron’s doesn’t require a credit check, you will need to provide the names and contact information of three references.
Once your lease is in place, you may decide that you no longer want your items or you may find that you need to temporarily stop making payments. If this occurs, you may return your items to Aaron’s at any time. Aaron’s also offers a lifetime reinstatement option that will allow you to get your items back and resume payments right where you left off should you decide to continue leasing your products in the future.
Two incentives for shopping at Aaron’s are their low-price guarantee and the option of joining the Aaron’s Club. The low-price guarantee means that Aaron’s will meet or beat any local rent-to-own competitor’s advertised price, that is, the total cost of lease ownership on the same item. Or, if you prefer, you can opt to receive $100 in cash instead of matching the competitor’s price. The $100 in cash can only be claimed on the day of your lease and you’ll need to have a copy of the local competitor’s advertised price with you. It’s important to note that the local competitor must be a physical lease-to-own store located within 25 miles of your Aaron’s store. Websites and clearance items do not count toward price matching.
Another aspect of guaranteeing a low price, Aaron’s offers certified pre-leased items for discounted prices. These “wise buys,” as Aaron’s calls them, have had their monthly payments reduced for each month you lease-to-own and are also available for purchase.
Another advantage of Aaron’s is the Aaron’s Club, which, for a monthly payment starting around $10, includes membership benefits such as payment waivers in the event of involuntary unemployment, accident, or sickness. You may also be eligible to receive medical and wellness benefits. In addition, your Aaron’s Club membership may bring you savings on other things such as dining, rental cars, and hotels. You can learn more about the Aaron’s Club and enroll online.
Places Like Aaron’s
Lease-to-own payment plans are common and offered by stores other than Aaron’s. Below, we’ve compiled the list of stores like Aaron’s that also offer lease-to-own plans on items similar to what you would find at an Aaron’s store including merchandise, payment plan terms, payment schedules, and same as cash options.
1. Bestway Rent-to-Own
- Available items: While all items online are available for rent-to-own, some items may not be stocked in stores. However, they can be special ordered if necessary. Items include:
- Furniture: Living rooms, bedrooms, mattresses, dinettes, recliners, fireplaces, and accessories
- Appliances: Washers and dryers, ovens, refrigerators, and freezers
- Electronics: TVs, smartphones, audio, TV stands, and game systems
- Computers: Laptops and tablets
- Refurbished items available: Bestway offers refurbished and pre-leased items in their stores.
- Payment options:
- Rent-to-own: Contract terms vary depending on the item.
- Payments are available as weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly options.
- Same as cash: Pay off your item or items within 90 days and pay the item amounts plus applicable taxes.
- Source: Bestway Rent-to-Own corporate customer service.
- Location: Bestway Rent-to-Own has locations in Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas. Find a Bestway Rent-to-Own.
2. Buddy’s Home Furnishings
- Available items: While all items on the Buddy’s Home Furnishings website are available for rent-to-own, not all items may be available in your local store. Items not available locally can be shipped to your local store, but there will be a wait time of approximately 2-3 weeks. Items available for rent-to-own include:
- Furniture: Living rooms, bedrooms, dining rooms, home office, home entertainment, accent, and accessories
- Electronics: TVs, smartphones, game systems, audio systems, and DVD/ Blu-ray players
- Computers: Tablets, desktop, and laptops
- Appliances: Washers and dryers, air conditioners, ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators, and freezers
- Outdoor: Lawn and garden, outdoor furniture
- Refurbished items available: Buddy’s offers pre-leased and refurbished items in their stores.
- Payment options:
- Rent-to-own: Contracts vary depending on the item but are usually offered in 12, 18, or 24-month terms.
- Payments are available as weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly options.
- Same as cash: Pay off your item or items within 4 months and pay only the item prices and applicable taxes.
- Source: Customer service as well as the Buddy’s Home Furnishings website.
- Location: Buddy’s Home Furnishings has locations throughout the central and southeastern U.S. as well as in New Mexico. Find a Buddy’s Home Furnishings.
3. Conn’s Home Plus
- Available items: All items on the Conn’s Home Plus website are available for financing or lease-to-own.
- Furniture: Mattresses and bedding, living rooms, bedrooms, recliners, dining rooms, home office, TV stands, home theater furniture, and accessories
- Appliances: Refrigerators, freezers, washers and dryers, dishwashers, garbage disposals, ovens, microwaves, air conditioners, vacuums, and outdoor grills
- Electronics: TVs, audio, headphones, and home theater accessories
- Computers: Laptops, desktops, printers, routers, and accessories
- Refurbished items available: While some Conn’s stores may offer a clearance section, most stores mainly offer new furniture, appliances, electronics, and computers.
- Payment options: Conn’s offers different forms of financing:
- Yes money: Yes money is Conn’s in-house financing. Approval and terms will vary depending on your credit and the items you are purchasing. The minimum contract is for one year.
- Lease-to-own: This option is most like Aaron’s financing and is not credit based. You must make your monthly payments via debit card or a bank account withdrawal. Lease-to-own purchases come with a 90-day early buyout option.
- Source: Conn’s Home Plus corporate customer service.
- Location: Conn’s Home Plus has locations throughout the southeastern and southwestern U.S. Find a Conn’s Home Plus.
- Available items: All items on the FlexShopper website are available for lease-to-own. If you are looking for something specific that FlexShopper does not have, there is a personal shopper option that you can utilize. With this option, FlexShopper will find the product you need elsewhere at no additional cost to you. Items on the FlexShopper website include:
- Furniture: Living rooms, kitchen and dining rooms, bedrooms, and patio furniture
- Appliances: Washers and dryers, refrigerators, freezers, microwaves, ovens, dishwashers, and small kitchen appliances
- Electronics: TVs, home theaters, video games, portable audio, home audio, cameras, and camcorders
- Computers: Laptops, desktops, printers and scanners, monitors, Apple watches, tablets, e-readers, routers, and computer accessories
- Other items: Mattresses, musical instruments, wheels and tires, home and garden, health, fitness, and sports
- Refurbished items available: No, FlexShopper does not offer any used, refurbished, or previously leased items.
- Payment options:
- Lease-to-own: Lease terms are for 52 weeks (one year). If you make all required payments for 52 weeks, you own the items.
- The initial lease term varies by state but is between 7-29 days, during which time you must make weekly payments. You may switch to bi-weekly or monthly payments by providing a debit/ credit card and a paystub showing that you are paid bi-weekly or monthly.
- Same as cash: Pay off your item or items within 90 days of your lease and pay only the full cash price of the item plus applicable taxes.
- Source: Customer service as well as this page of the FlexShopper website.
- Location: FlexShopper does not have physical store locations. You may visit them online.
- For the list of sites very, very similar to FlexShopper, see this article.
- Available items: All items on the Rent-A-Center website are available for rent-to-own. This includes:
- Furniture: Living room sets, sofas, recliners, TV stands, electric fireplaces, dining room sets, mattresses, and bedroom furniture for adults and kids
- Appliances: Refrigerators, freezers, ovens, dishwashers, and washers and dryers
- Electronics: Computers, smartphones, TVs, home theater and audio systems, and video game consoles
- Refurbished items available: Yes, refurbished items are offered at a discounted price.
- Payment options:
- Rent-to-own: If you do not pay off your purchases within the six month same-as-cash time period, then you will continue making monthly payments until your purchase is paid off. There are no contract terms such as 12 months, 18 months, etc. Your payment schedules can be customized to your paychecks with weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payment options.
- Source: The Rent-A-Center website.
- Location: Rent-A-Center has locations throughout the U.S. Find your nearest Rent-A-Center.
- For more information on Rent-A-Center, see our article about Places Like Rent-A-Center.
Aaron’s is a lease-to-own store with locations throughout the U.S. They offer furniture, appliances, and electronics that can be leased with a payment plan that spreads payments out over several weeks or months. They also offer 120 days same-as-cash (90 days in California) in some stores. Delivery, setup, and service costs are all included in your payment plan. Aaron’s offers a low-price guarantee in which they will match any local rent-to-own competitor’s advertised total cost of lease ownership on the same item. Stores similar to Aaron’s who also offer rent-to-own items with similar merchandise and payment terms include Bestway Rent-to-Own, Buddy’s Home Furnishings, Conn’s Home Plus, FlexShopper, and Rent-A-Center. If you’d like to learn more about rent-to-own, please visit some of our other articles including The 10 Best Rent to Own Furniture Stores, 14 Furniture Stores with Easy Credit Approval, and our List of Progressive Leasing Stores.