Senior citizens accumulate wisdom and insight, but there’s also a monetary perk that comes with aging: the senior discount. Who doesn’t love to keep their piggy banks intact? Is there a Target senior discount day? While Target doesn’t offer a senior discount, there are other ways in which you can save if you’re shopping at the Bullseye. This article will outline tips to stretch your dollar at Target and provide a list of similar stores with senior discounts.
In This Article
- Discounts via the Cartwheel App
- Target REDcard Discounts
Target Senior Discount FAQ
Unfortunately, Target doesn’t offer any kind of senior discount. We called up a few locations and confirmed with customer representatives that there is no discount given for reaching the golden ages. However, there are other options at Target for getting the most bang for your buck.
What Discounts Does Target Offer?
Without a Target senior discount available, you’ll have to look for other ways to save. While there’s no senior discount at Target, there are a couple other ways you can get access to a plethora of coupons and discounts.
Discounts via the Cartwheel App
One popular money-saving program at Target is Cartwheel. Via Cartwheel, you can access coupons which are integrated into the Target app. Download the Target/Cartwheel app on Google Play or App Store to save 5%-50% on hundreds of items. You can add up to 50 deals at one time and use each for up to four items (unless otherwise specified). Keep in mind that deals do expire and disappear from your account, but you can always check back and add new offers.
In the app, you’ll be able to browse coupons for a wide range of products, from household to apparel and baby products to electronics. Choose which coupons you want and save them in the app. Then, scan your mobile coupon barcode when checking out. All offers are automatically applied to eligible purchases. No scissors or paper coupons required.
If you don’t have a smartphone, you can also visit the Target/Cartwheel website on your desktop and add offers to your account that way. Once finished, you can print the coupons by clicking checkout. This provides you with a paper version of the barcode to scan at your local Target.
Target REDcard Discounts
Another way to save money is to get a Target REDcard. You can apply for either a credit or debit card, but both provide the same savings. Notably, a 5% discount is applied to all Target and Target.com purchases you pay for with your REDcard. Sometimes you can combine REDcard discounts and Cartwheel offers, deepening your savings even more. Exclusions apply to certain items like prescriptions, clinic services, gift cards, and wireless protection programs.
Other REDcard perks include free shipping on most items purchased on Target.com; early access to promotions, products, and events; 30 extra days on returns; 5% off in-store Starbucks; and a 10% off coupon on your REDcard anniversary.
Similar Stores with Senior Discounts
While Target doesn’t have a senior discount, there are a few similar stores that do. Take advantage of these age-related perks at the following retailers and watch your savings grow.
- Senior discount: 10% off every second Tuesday.
- Age requirement: 55+
- Items: Valid on items in-store only
- Source: Belk customer service
- Find a Belk
- Senior discount: 15% off on Wednesdays
- Note: This offer can’t be combined with other percent off discounts, but if you have dollar amount off coupons, they’ll be applied before the 15% senior discount.
- Age requirement: 60+
- Items: Everything except gift cards; Kohl’s Cares cause merchandise or other charitable items; fragrances; prestige brands of cosmetics and skincare; select electrics; premium electronics and warranty products; consumables; premium sunglasses; sporting goods; sports team merchandise; Adidas; American Girl; Columbia; Converse; Dyson; Elf on the Shelf toys, books and DVDs; Koolaburra by UGG; Levi’s; Nike; Timberland and Under Armour. See the full list of exclusions.
- Source: Kohl’s Age Specific Discounts
- Find a Kohl’s
- Senior discount: 10% off every day
- Note: This offer can’t be combined with clearance sales or online only specials
- Age requirements: 55+
- Items: Most purchases, including sale price merchandise; but can’t be used to buy As Seen on TV, Silhouette & Cricut brands; custom invitations, canvas prints & photo center purchases; Cube 3D printer & accessories, Rainbow Loom products, sewing machines, 4’ & taller Christmas trees, books, magazines, CD/DVDs, or gift cards & debit card products See the complete list of exclusions.
- Source: Michael’s Senior Discount
- Find a Michael’s
4. Ross Dress for Less
- Senior discount: 10% off on Tuesdays if you’ve signed up in-store for the Tuesday Club card
- Age requirements: 55+
- Items: Any purchase
- Source: Customer service representative
- Find a Ross
- Learn more in our article: Ross Senior Discount Day: Everything to Know (Age, Discount…)
5. T.J. Maxx (only in Florida stores)
- Senior discount: 10% off on Mondays
- Age requirements: 55+
- Items: All items
- Source: We spoke to customer service at a few Florida stores to verify this discount.
- Find a T.J. Maxx
- Learn more in our article: T.J. Maxx Senior Discount Details, Age, Day, Locations, and More
Stores with No Senior Discount
So you’re not left wondering, here are some similar stores that don’t offer any senior discounts. We called different locations for each retailer to double-check.
- Marshall’s (Find out about alternative discounts in our article, Marshall’s Senior Discount Day FAQ)
- Walmart (Find out about alternative discounts in our article, Walmart Senior Citizen Discount, Senior Discount Day: What to Know)
While there is no Target senior discount day, there are still ample opportunities to save money. By taking advantage of Cartwheel offers, REDcard perks, and/or manufacturer’s coupons, you can rest knowing you didn’t pay full price. And if you’re after the senior discount specifically, try one a store that does offer it, like Kohl’s, Michael’s, or Belk.