Walmart sells engagement rings starting at about $100. While other jewelers like Zales and Jared include more ring protections with each purchase, you may need to spend a minimum of $200 to qualify. For our detailed Walmart engagement ring review, including a price comparison and return policy details, see below.
Walmart Engagement Rings Review: Price, Quality, Warranties, etc.
Walmart has a wide selection of jewelry, including engagement rings, in stores and online. You can search Walmart’s Wedding Shop online that highlights promise rings, engagement rings, and bridal accessories. Given Walmart’s “everyday low prices,” should you buy an engagement ring from Walmart? To help you make a decision, we’ve reviewed Walmart’s engagement rings based on price, quality, warranty and insurance coverage, and Walmart’s return policy.
Engagement rings at Walmart start at about $100 (Example: a 1/5-carat Forever Bride ring with a sterling silver band) and go up to about $3,600 (Example: 1.5-carat Imperial Diamond ring with a white gold band).
For comparison: Zales offers engagement rings starting around $90, with occasional sales driving prices as low as about $60. On the other hand, Jared doesn’t sell any engagement rings under $300 (as of press time). Keep in mind, purchases from stores like Zales and Jared include additional services and protections like free stone replacement and free lifetime cleanings not offered by Walmart (more on that below). But these services typically only apply to purchases of $200 or more.
Brands, Quality, and Selection
Walmart.com lists its top engagement ring brands as Forever Bride, Imperial Diamond, Miabella, Pompeii3, and Radiant Fire Lab Grown Diamond Jewelry. Most of these brands are exclusive to Walmart and not well known. (One exception is Pompeii3, which is a family-owned jeweler and has been in business since 1919.) However, many of the diamonds Walmart sells are certified by the International Gemological Institute. And the Radiant Fire Lab Grown Diamond Jewelry line is a sustainable option for ethically-minded couples. The engagement ring selection is much larger online than in stores; the Forever Bride collection is the brand most commonly available in stores.
Walmart’s selection is somewhat limited in stone size, but there are many stone shapes and band choices available. Some of the available styles are as follows:
Repairs, Warranties, and Insurance
Walmart stores offer jewelry services and will repair jewelry at no cost within one year of purchase if you have your original receipt. Engagement ring purchases do not come with any additional services like cleaning, stone replacement, or resizing, customer service representatives from Walmart.com told us.
A Walmart Protection Plan is available for an extra fee (starting at $10) on some engagement ring purchases. If you purchase a protection plan, most repairs during a term of two or three years (depending on which plan you buy) will be reimbursed. These plans protect the ring against workmanship defects and breakage from normal wear and tear, including:
The Protection Plan does not cover intentional damage, intentional loss, or theft. You can find Protection Plan options listed online before you add an item to your cart. A Walmart store associate can also tell you more.
Another option to protect your engagement ring purchase — no matter where you buy it — is to look into personal jewelry insurance. Companies like Jewelers Mutual offer jewelry insurance for as low as $25 per year, depending on the value of the ring.
If you buy an engagement ring from Walmart and later need to return it, return policy details are as follows:
- For in-store purchases:
- Returns are allowed within 90 days.
- The original receipt and packaging are required.
- You can bring the item and receipt to the customer service desk for a return or, for faster service, you can scan your receipt in the Walmart app and drop the ring off at the customer service desk.
- For purchases sold and shipped by Walmart.com:
- Returns are allowed within 90 days.
- Include the original packaging and any accessories with your return.
- You can print a free shipping label to make your return; you’ll receive a refund after Walmart.com processes the return. You can also return the ring in-store if it cost less than $300. (Returns on rings valued over $300 are only accepted by mail.)
- For purchases sold and shipped by a Marketplace retailer:
- The return policy will vary by the retailer. Walmart guarantees a minimum return window of 30 days for most items, including jewelry. Walmart also sets a maximum restocking fee of 20% of the item price, though you may have to pay for return shipping as well.
- To find the return policy for your particular item, log in to your Walmart.com account and select “Return or Replace” in your purchase history. By doing this, you will be able to contact the seller directly for instructions.
Walmart offers a wide selection of ring designs at various price points but doesn’t provide much in the way of maintenance or repairs unless you buy the optional protection plan. But, keep in mind that jewelry stores like Zales and Jared typically only offer additional services on purchases of $200 or more — so, if you’re looking to spend under $200, your ring may not be covered elsewhere either.
In truth, it doesn’t matter where you buy your engagement ring as long as you find a design your significant other will love within your budget.