To show gratitude for the many brave men and women who risk their lives for our country, many retailers, restaurants, and other businesses offer exclusive discounts for military personnel and their families. Walmart is not one such store, but they do have other programs for helping veterans. Keep reading to find out how Walmart shows its appreciation for our military, plus we’ve included a list of stores similar to Walmart that do offer military discounts, so you can still get your savings.
Walmart Military Discount FAQ
In a conversation with customer service, we confirmed that Walmart doesn’t have any military discounts. However, Walmart does support the military by offering job opportunities, job training, reintegration support, and education to those who have served. By 2020, they hope to have hired 250,000 veterans. Learn more about how Walmart supports veterans.
Similar Stores with Military Discounts
A handful of other large discount stores do offer military discounts. If you or a member of your immediate family is in the military, take a look at our list below and enjoy the savings!
- Military discount: New memberships created online will receive over $60 in savings via coupons
- Eligibility: U.S. Armed Forces, veterans, and their families
- Restrictions: Only available online
- Find a Costco
- Military discount: Select stores offer a 15% discount
- Eligibility: This offer is available for active military and veterans. You must present a valid, U.S. military ID to get the discount.
- Restrictions: Only available at select stores. Call ahead to confirm with your local store.
- Find a Kohl’s
- Military discount: 10% off any purchase
- Eligibility: Current and honorably discharged members of the U.S. military
- Restrictions: No restrictions. This discount is available at any time, any day of the year.
- Find a Lowe’s
4. Sam’s Club
- Military discount: New memberships created online will receive a $10 eGift Card
- Eligibility: Active and former U.S. military and their spouses.
- Restrictions: Sam’s Club military discounts are typically offered for a limited time, but Sam’s Club frequently has an active military discount. You can check online for current military discounts at Sam’s Club.
- Find a Sam’s Club
- Military discount: 20% off regular price tools and lawn & garden items. 5% off sale prices for Tools and Lawn & Garden items.
- Eligibility: Active, reserve, and retired military personnel
- Restrictions: Currently, this discount is available at any time, any day of the year, for in-store purchases. However, it is not available for online purchases.
- Find a Sears
Similar Stores that Don’t Offer a Military Discount
While there are several large, discount stores that do offer military discounts, there are also several that don’t. To save you some time, we’ve listed these stores where there is no military discount available. There may occasionally be exceptions with respect to the stores on this list — while the stores below aren’t currently offering military discounts, they might on special occasions like the Veterans Day holiday.
- Big Lots
Instead of offering a military discount, Walmart supports the military by offering employment, job training, reintegration support, and education to those who have served. If you’re looking for others places to shop and save with a military discount, you’re not out of luck! Many large stores similar to Walmart — like Kohl’s and Sam’s Club — do have military discounts that can help you save some hard-earned cash.