To show gratitude for the many brave men and women who risk their lives for our country, many businesses offer exclusive discounts for military personnel and their families. Walmart does not offer a military discount, but it does have other programs for helping veterans, customer service representatives said.
Walmart supports the military by offering job opportunities, job training, reintegration support, and education to those who have served. It offers these programs through the Veterans Welcome Home Commitment and the Military Family Promise.
Other Ways to Save at Walmart
Though it does not offer a military discount, there are a few other ways you can save at Walmart, including:
- Promotions: You can check the Walmart website for periodic sales and promotions.
- Price matching: Walmart stores (except those in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico) will match the Walmart.com or Jet.com price for identical items. For more details, see our comprehensive list of stores that price match.
- Credit card rewards: While you won’t receive a discount by using the Capital One Walmart Rewards Card, you can earn up to 5% back on purchases with the card. Find out more about the Capital One Walmart Rewards Card in our article on instant approval credit cards.
Similar Stores with Military Discounts
A handful of other large discount stores do offer military discounts. If you or a member of your immediate family is in the military, take a look at our list below and enjoy the savings:
- Military discount: New memberships created online will receive over $60 in savings via coupons
- Eligibility: U.S. Armed Forces, veterans, and their families
- Restrictions: Only available online
- Find a Costco
- Military discount: Select stores offer a 15% discount
- Eligibility: This offer is available for active military and veterans. You must present a valid, U.S. military ID to get the discount.
- Restrictions: Only available at select stores. Call ahead to confirm with your local store.
- Find a Kohl’s
- Military discount: 10% off any purchase
- Eligibility: Current and honorably discharged members of the U.S. military
- Restrictions: No restrictions. This discount is available at any time, any day of the year.
- Find a Lowe’s
- Military discount: New memberships created online will receive a $10 eGift Card
- Eligibility: Active and former U.S. military and their spouses.
- Restrictions: Sam’s Club military discounts are typically offered for a limited time, but Sam’s Club frequently has an active military discount.
- Find a Sam’s Club
- Military discount: 20% off regular price tools and lawn & garden items. 5% off sale prices for Tools and Lawn & Garden items.
- Eligibility: Active, reserve, and retired military personnel
- Restrictions: Currently, this discount is available at any time, any day of the year, for in-store purchases. However, it is not available for online purchases.
- Find a Sears
Similar Stores that Don’t Offer a Military Discount
In the course of our research, we found a few other large retailers that do not offer military discounts. There may occasionally be exceptions with respect to the stores on this list — while the stores below aren’t currently offering military discounts, they might on special occasions like the Veterans Day holiday.
- Big Lots
For even more about military discounts, see our list of the best available military discounts at a variety of retailers.