Walmart’s in-store price match policy is limited to items found on Walmart.com and Jet.com at a lower price. However, Walmart.com will match the prices of more than 25 online retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy, The Home Depot, Target, and more.
Walmart Price Match Policy
Walmart’s in-store price matching policy is limited to items found on either Walmart.com or Jet.com, but if you shop online at Walmart.com, the company will price match with more than 25 online retailers.
For both Walmart stores and Walmart.com, you will need to request a price match before you make the purchase, and all price matches are subject to verification.
In-Store Price Matching
When shopping at a Walmart store, the company will only price match with items that are priced lower on either Walmart.com or Jet.com, an online subsidiary of Walmart.
We called Walmart locations in Florida, Maine, Texas, and Washington to confirm this in-store price match policy.
In order to get a price match, the lower-priced item online has to be identical to the item you want to buy in the store, including size, color, model, and brand.
Online clearance items are generally excluded from price matching in stores unless the same item is also on clearance in-store, customer service representatives said.
Walmart will only apply a price match discount once per item, per customer, per day. However, it doesn’t limit the number of different items it will price match; for example, you can buy a price-matched shirt and a price-matched pair of shoes on the same day.
There are a few other restrictions to in-store price matching at Walmart:
- The item has to be currently in stock online at Jet.com or Walmart.com
- Price matching is not available with Walmart Marketplace Retailers (items sold on Walmart.com that are not fulfilled by Walmart)
- Bundle sales, mail-in or instant rebates, financed purchases, “free gift card with purchase” offers, and percent-off or “buy one get one” sales that don’t specify a price are not eligible for in-store price matching
- Walmart will not match competitor prices in-store
- In-store price matching is not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico
To get a price match at Walmart, take your purchase to the register and ask an associate for the price match.
Be prepared to show the price of the item online. In most cases, the sales associate will have a manager verify the online price using an in-store terminal, customer service representatives said.
If you find an item for a lower price on Walmart.com, don’t want to wait for it to ship to you, and don’t want to go through the process of price matching, you can order the item online (for the lower price) and choose in-store pickup. Most items are ready for pickup on the same day.
Online Price Matching
While in-store price matching at Walmart is limited to prices on Jet.com and Walmart.com, you can match more than 25 other retailers by shopping online at Walmart.com.
Retailers Walmart Will Price Match Online
- Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Bass Pro Shops
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Best Buy
- DICK’S Sporting Goods
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- The Home Depot
- Office Depot/OfficeMax
- O’Reilly Auto Parts
- Pep Boys
The item you want to price match at Walmart.com must be in stock at both Walmart and the online competitor.
Note that Walmart.com will not refund the difference if you find an item for a lower price after you purchase it; you must request a price match before purchase.
Price matching at Walmart.com is limited to one item per customer per day.
Other exclusions to Walmart’s online price matching include:
- In-store pricing and pricing errors
- Used, damaged, or refurbished items
- Items sold by Walmart Marketplace or other third-party sellers
- Sales advertised as specific dollar-off or percentage-off (such as $10 off or 10% off)
- Discounts taken at checkout
- Offers that include financing, bundle discounts, mail-in rebates, or coupons
- Items discounted during a specific sale, such as Black Friday or Cyber Monday
- Pricing discounts that rely on memberships or online auctions
- Items on clearance, close-out, flash sale, liquidation, or other special events on competitor websites
- Sales that require purchases in minimum quantities
- Items sold and shipped to Alaska or Hawaii
To get a price match at Walmart.com, you’ll need to contact Walmart.com’s customer care center with details about the item you want to price match.
You can connect with a Walmart associate via chat, phone, or email to verify the item’s eligibility for price matching and have the new price entered at checkout.
Our previous research explains the details of Walmart’s return policy.
Check out our fill list for more stores that offer price matching.