Walmart does not offer a student discount, corporate customer service representatives said.
We contacted Walmart stores in several states — including Arkansas, Nevada, Ohio, and South Carolina — to verify this information. All of the associates we spoke to confirmed that Walmart doesn’t have a student discount.
Below we’ve listed a few other ways to save at Walmart, along with similar stores that do offer student discounts.
More Ways to Save at Walmart
Students and other shoppers have several other ways to save at Walmart stores:
- Credit card rewards: Walmart offers two credit cards, the Walmart Rewards Card, which is exclusively used at Walmart, and the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard. Customers with either card earn 5% back in rewards from Walmart.com and grocery pickup/delivery purchases and 2% back from Walmart store purchases. Mastercard cardholders also earn 1% in rewards for purchases at other stores.
- Hidden clearance: Our previous research details how to find Walmart’s unmarked clearance deals.
- Pickup discount: Some online-only items are marked “Pickup Discount Eligible,” and you can have them shipped to a Walmart store for pickup. Shipping to a store is free, so you’ll save on shipping costs, and you will receive an additional discount on the item price.
- Price matching: Walmart stores — except those in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico — will match the Walmart.com or Jet.com price for identical items. Walmart.com will also price match with a select list of websites, including Amazon.com, Bestbuy.com, and Target.com. For more on Walmart’s price matching policy, see our related research.
Student Discounts at Similar Stores
The following stores offer products similar to Walmart and do have student discounts:
- Amazon: Amazon offers a Student Prime Membership. It is a half-priced Prime membership, which includes a six-month free trial and exclusive college deals.
- Sam’s Club: Sam’s Club offers a $15 gift card for college students who sign up for a club membership.
- Target: When you make a college registry, Target gives you 15% off anything left over after your friends and family shop.
For more options, see our large list of places that offer student discounts.