Walmart does not offer a student discount, corporate customer service representatives said. We contacted Walmart stores in several states — including Arkansas, Nevada, Ohio, and South Carolina — to verify this information. All of the associates we spoke to confirmed that Walmart doesn’t offer a student discount.
Below we’ve listed a few other ways to save at Walmart, along with similar stores that do offer student discounts.
Other Ways to Save at Walmart
While Walmart does not offer a student discount, there are several other ways to save at the superstore:
- Credit card rewards: Walmart offers two credit cards, the Walmart Rewards Card, which is exclusively used at Walmart, and the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard. Customers with either card earn 5% back in rewards from Walmart.com and grocery pickup/delivery purchases and 2% back from Walmart store purchases. Mastercard cardholders also earn 1% in rewards for purchases at other stores.
- Hidden clearance: Our previous research details how to find Walmart’s unmarked clearance deals.
- Pickup discount: Some online-only items are marked “Pickup Discount Eligible,” and you can have them shipped to a Walmart store for pickup. Shipping to a store is free, so you’ll save on shipping costs, and you will receive an additional discount on the item price.
- Price matching: Walmart stores — except those in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico — will match the Walmart.com or Jet.com price for identical items. Walmart.com will also price match with a select list of websites, including Amazon.com, Bestbuy.com, and Target.com. For more on Walmart’s price matching policy, see our related research.
You can also get $10 off your first Walmart grocery pickup of $50 or more by using our referral link. Note that a lucky member of the FQF staff will also get $10 off their Walmart grocery pickup if you sign up through our link.
Student Discounts at Similar Stores
- Amazon: Amazon offers a Student Prime Membership (paid partner link). It is a half-priced Prime membership, which includes a six-month free trial and exclusive college deals.
- Sam’s Club: Sam’s Club offers a $15 gift card for college students who sign up for a club membership.
- Target: When you make a college registry, Target gives you 15% off anything left over after your friends and family shop.
For more stores with student discounts, see our list of over 100 places that offer student discounts.