Do you like shopping at boutique stores? How about boutique stores that let you shop from your couch and grab daily deals? Jane is a website that specializes in gathering a variety of boutique stores all in one place, with excellent social media features like integrated Facebook commenting and the ability to quickly scroll through photos just like Instagram. Jane and similar websites also offer regular giveaways, adding to the fun, social atmosphere in a community of like-minded shoppers.
The key distinction of Jane and the other websites we’ve highlighted in this article is unique and personalized boutique items — not the same mass-produced clothing that you can find at any old outlet mall. Want to build your own boutique business? Websites like Jane make it possible to share your boutique items with a large audience and quickly grow a following. This article gathers all of these websites in one spot so you can quickly compare and decide on where you’d like to buy and sell.
The List of Websites Like Jane
For reference, let’s start with the stats on Jane:
- Types of items sold: Women’s fashion trends, home decor, and children’s clothing
- Promotions: Daily deals with an email digest sent every day
- How shipping is handled: Buyer pays shipping fees determined by seller for each item
- Refund policy: Determined by each boutique seller
- Want to become a seller? Jane has a thorough application, asking sellers how much of a discount they can offer and requesting annual revenue amounts, but the fee structure for the seller is not specified. Contact Jane directly for details.
- BBB Rating: A+
- Customer reviews: On Instagram, sshollobaugh said, “This is to die for!”
- Find out more on the Jane website.
Pick Your Plum
- Types of items sold: Fashion, crafting, home decor, baking, etc.
- Promotions: 10% off first order after signing up for daily emails; deals released at 6AM PT every day
- How shipping is handled: Buyer pays for shipping and seller sends it directly to buyer
- Refund policy: 30 days to return the item for free, minus shipping costs
- Want to become a seller? Sellers keep 70% of sale revenue. Listing is free for the seller.
- BBB Rating: F
- Customer reviews: “They have lots of cool new products at great prices. Highly recommend.” – Martha Christensen
- Find out more on the Pick Your Plum website.
Rue La La
- Types of items sold: Clothing and accessories for women, men, and children; home items (furniture, bedding and bath, decor, etc); travel deals, etc.
- Promotions: 70% off daily deals, compiled in a daily email
- How shipping is handled: Buyer pays $9.95 for the first item; after that, buyers get free shipping for the next 30 days
- Refund policy: Some items can be returned for full refund, but many items are final sale
- Want to become a seller? Make a brand inquiry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or apply for a career with Rue La La.
- BBB Rating: A+
- Customer reviews: “They really are a great way to pick up clothing and beauty especially, at really discounted prices. I even got some lovely European shoes (flats) that retail for over $100 and I paid less than $30. The shoes are really gorgeous leather and the attention to detail was impressive.” – from a QVC message board discussing authenticity
- Find out more on the Rue La La website.
Suggested article: Is Bluefly Legit? Is Gilt Legit? Is Rue La La Legit? Sites Get Reviewed
- Types of items sold: Clothing for women, men, and children; beauty and wellness; baby; maternity; toys; etc.
- Promotions: Daily deals up to 70% off compiled in a daily email
- How shipping is handled: Buyer pays $5.99 for the first item and shipping is free for other items purchased that day
- Refund policy: Returns are rarely accepted, but Zulily is committed to excellent customer service and can work with buyers if there is a problem with an order.
- Want to become a seller? Zulily provides sellers with access to real-time analytics, free marketing (custom photography and copywriting), and worry-free returns.
- BBB Rating: A+
- Customer reviews: “As Zulily continues to grow, so does our business! My husband has been able to leave his career and come home and work with the business and be with the family.” – Testimonial from vendor Heidi Loewen
- Find out more on the Zulily website.
- Types of items sold: Women’s clothing, accessories, home decor, knick knacks,
- Promotions: 70% off for signing up for emails
- How shipping is handled: Set by seller, paid for by buyer
- Refund policy: Must email customer service within 14 days of receiving item. Do not accept returns for undergarments, swim suits, or personalized items
- Want to become a seller? Free to list items, apply on their website after creating an account
- BBB Rating: A+
- Find out more on the GroopDealz website.
You now have the list of sites that are similar to Jane. If you’re interested in buying and selling gently used designer items, including clothing, shoes, accessories, and more, check out this article about websites and apps like Poshmark. There are also plenty of other ways to sell your clothes, or you can even sell your handmade items on Etsy. Now get out there and start buying and selling boutique items from the comfort of your home!