Most grocery stores, including Kroger, Publix, and Walmart, sell corn syrup. Each store categorizes it differently, so there are a few different aisles where it may be located. Generally, stores sell corn syrup in the baking or cereal aisles. For information on where to find corn syrup in grocery stores, see below.
Where Is Corn Syrup in Grocery Stores?
Corn syrup can be found amid the baking ingredients at some grocery stores, as many candy, dessert, jelly, and jam recipes call for it. Other stores group it with the hot cereals and maple syrup. We contacted Kroger, Publix, and Walmart to find out exactly where they stock corn syrup in their stores.
Whether visiting one of these three chains or another grocery store, it’s a good idea to contact your local store for specifics, as each store’s layout may vary. You can also check the store’s mobile app — many grocers now have mobile apps which allow you to search for an item and see whether it is in stock and in which aisle it is located.
The information each store’s customer service shared with us is detailed below, along with links to each retailer’s store locator and mobile app:
Where to Find Corn Syrup at Walmart
- Aisle: Walmart stocks corn syrup in the baking aisle, associates from several stores told us.
- Links: Walmart Store Finder and Walmart Mobile App
- Source: Walmart stores in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, and Ohio
Where to Find Corn Syrup at Kroger
- Aisle: The Kroger stores we called stock corn syrup in the cereal aisle near the hot cereals and maple syrup.
- Links: Kroger Store Locator and the Kroger Mobile App
- Source: Kroger stores in Georgia, Nevada, New Mexico, Tennessee, and Wisconsin
Where to Find Corn Syrup at Publix
- Aisle: The customer service associates we spoke with at Publix locations also said corn syrup is stocked in the cereal aisle at its stores.
- Links: Publix Locations and the Publix Mobile App
- Source: Publix stores in Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee
Corn syrup is available at most grocery stores. It is a standard ingredient in many candies and dessert recipes. The three major grocery chains we contacted all confirm that corn syrup is usually available in either the baking aisle or by the hot cereals and maple syrup. The aisle may vary by location, so contact your local grocer or check its mobile app for specific information. You may want to also see our article about where to find hard-to-find grocery items in a stores.