Short Answer: Grocery stores typically shelve castor oil in either the health and wellness or beauty section. Castor oil has many uses, including as a hair product, skincare product, health supplement, and more. Below, we have details on where to find castor oil in grocery stores — and we answer “What aisle is castor oil in at Walmart? Target? etc.”
Bonus: Want someone else to find it for you next time? Get $10 off your first Walmart grocery pickup of $50 or more by using our referral link. It’s a free service and the prices are the same as in-store.
Where to Find Castor Oil in Grocery Stores
You can typically find castor oil in either the health section or the beauty section of your local grocery store or big-box retailer. Castor oil has a wide range of uses, and various brands market the product differently. For example, some brands sell castor oil as a wellness product with benefits as a laxative and wound-healing ointment; these brands will most likely be found in one of the health or personal care aisles near the pharmacy (if your local store has one). Look for castor oil near the other oils and supplements. Other uses for castor oil include as a hair growth product and moisturizer. Castor oil from brands like Shea Moisture and Hollywood Beauty can be found in one of the beauty and cosmetics aisles.
For information on where you can find castor oil in Walmart, Target, and other stores, we contacted several locations of each chain and asked whether or not the store typically sells castor oil and where it’s shelved. Our findings are listed below.
Note: This list includes common aisle numbers to give you an idea of where to look, but, for the exact aisle number in your store, ask a store associate or check the store’s website or app for availability and location information.
Where to Find Castor Oil in Kroger
- What Kroger sells: Hair products; select locations also sell Jamaican black castor oil
- Department: Beauty/Personal Care
- Typical aisle(s): 11, 15 23, 31
Where to Find Castor Oil in Target
- What Target sells: Jamaican black castor oil and castor oil-based hair products
- Department: Beauty
- Typical aisle(s): A7, A12, A14, A35
Where to Find Castor Oil in Walmart
- What Walmart sells: Pure castor oil, organic castor oil, and castor oil-based beauty products
- Department: Cosmetics, Health & Wellness
- Typical aisle(s): B7, G7, G14, G19, G27, H15
Where to Find Castor Oil in Whole Foods
- What Whole Foods sells: Pure castor oil, organic castor oil (at select locations)
- Department: Health and Beauty
- Typical aisle(s): Where available, you can find castor oil in one of the “Whole Body” aisles.
During our research, we found that the following stores do not sell castor oil:
- Costco Wholesale
- Sam’s Club
Need help finding other grocery items? Check out our list of hard-to-find groceries by aisle.