Short Answer: Some zoos partner with Kroger grocery stores to sell tickets — sometimes as a discount. Ticket availability varies by store location and season. At the time of this writing, Kroger stores in Cincinnati and Toledo, Ohio, sell zoo tickets. For more on Kroger discount zoo tickets, see below.
Where to Find Kroger Zoo Tickets
Some zoos across the country partner with Kroger to offer tickets at its stores, a corporate customer service representative said. The representative said it’s best to contact your local Kroger for ticket availability and pricing.
So, we contacted Kroger stores located near large city zoos to find out if they sell zoo tickets. As of the time of this writing, Kroger stores in the following cities sell zoo tickets:
- Attraction: Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
- Kroger price: Adult tickets are $26; children (ages 2-12) and seniors (at least 62 years old) are $23; online ticket prices may be cheaper
- Availability and restrictions: Tickets are typically sold from March through December at the Kroger customer service counter at stores in Kentucky and Ohio surrounding the Cincinnati area. Tickets are valid for the season and do not need to be used the day you purchase them. There is no limit on the number of tickets you can purchase; a photo ID is required to buy tickets. The tickets may not be used on special events or promotional days at the zoo. Kroger does not carry season passes.
- Attraction: The Toledo Zoo & Aquarium
- Kroger price: Adult tickets are $18; children (ages 2-11) and seniors (ages 60 and up) are $15; tickets are about $3 cheaper per person compared to online ticket prices
- Availability and restrictions: Tickets to The Toledo Zoo & Aquarium are available at the Kroger customer service counter at stores in Michigan and Ohio surrounding the Toledo area. (A list of Kroger stores that sell Toledo zoo tickets is available online.) Tickets are good for any day of the year (excluding special events and promotional days) and do not need to be used the day you purchase them. There is no limit to the number of tickets you can buy and you do not need to show a photo ID. Kroger does not carry season passes.
Kroger Stores That Do Not Sell Zoo Tickets
Representatives for Kroger stores in the following cities told us that they do not sell zoo tickets, as of the time of this writing. Some of these locations have sold zoo tickets in the past and expect to offer them during the next season.
- Little Rock, Ark.
- Atlanta, Ga.
- Peoria, Ill.
- Indianapolis, Ind.
- Louisville, Ky.
- Detroit, Mich.
- Jackson, Miss.
- Dallas, Texas
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- Knoxville, Tenn.
- Memphis, Tenn.
- Nashville, Tenn.
- Morgantown, W.Va.
Kroger also sells Kings Island tickets. For details, see our related article.