Law enforcement discounts abound. Why? Because it’s an easy way for businesses to thank the men and women who put their lives on the line for the greater good.
But what good is a discount if you don’t know about it? This article can become your go-to resource when you want to buy something and want even more to get it at a discount. Thank you for your service and enjoy this resource.
ID Necessary to Receive Law Enforcement Discounts
Online: When accessing first responder discounts online, you will often be asked to verify your ID through a service called ID.me. Once you have your ID.me account setup, you can easily shop online and access discounts using your ID.me Wallet.
Registering for an account is free and super simple — just enter your email and create a password. You can then add your ID in your Wallet. Depending on your occupation, the information you must verify or upload will differ. Keep your pay stub, badge, or official identification handy!
In-Store: Required identification will differ from retailer to retailer, but most retailers will ask for official ID. If you don’t have a formal identification verifying your occupation, bring a pay stub or badge. If it isn’t too inconvenient, wearing your uniform may work in your favor, as well.
The List of Law Enforcement Discounts
While you may find websites that list countless discounts for law enforcement officers and other first responders, our list includes only discounts that could be verified through the company’s website.
- Discount: 22% off your monthly service and 20% off select accessories.
- Eligibility: This offer is available for Law Enforcement GPO and FireRescue GPO members.
- How to Get the Discount: If you’re a new customer, you can confirm your eligibility on Sprint’s website or at your local store. If you’re an existing customer, enter your phone number to apply for the discount.
- Learn more by visiting The Sprint Works Program page of Sprit’s website
- Discount: Monthly discounts on your service, depending on your organization.
- Eligibility: This discount is available for government employees whose organization has an agreement with Verizon.
- How to Get the Discount: If you already have an account, you access your discount with your User ID or phone number. If you haven’t yet signed up for Verizon, sign up with your work email. If your organization works with Verizon, they will have that email on file and send a link so you can start shopping.
- Learn more by visiting Discounts by Verizon page of Verizon’s website
Home and Auto Discounts
- Discount: Up to 5% off auto insurance.
- Eligibility: Depending on your state, firefighters, police officers, EMTs, and paramedics may be eligible.
- How to Get the Discount: To find a representative near you and see if you qualify, use Country Financial representative locator
- Learn more by visiting Country Financial’s website
- Discount: Complimentary $500 bonus cash toward the purchase or lease of an eligible new 2016/2017/2018 Ford or Lincoln vehicle.
- Eligibility: This discount is available for police, firefighters, and EMTs.
- How to Get the Discount: For details and to confirm eligibility find a dealer near you using Ford dealership locator
- Learn more by visiting Ford First Responder Appreciation Program’s page
Homes for Heroes
- Discount: Depending on the price of the home you wish to buy or sell, you could save up to $7,000 through Homes for Heroes.
- Eligibility: This discount is available for police, firefighters, and EMTs in AK, KS, LA, and MS.
- How to Get the Discount: After registering online, you will be contacted by a Homes for Heroes real estate or loan specialist in your area.
- Learn more by visiting Home for Heroes’ website
- Discount: 10% off auto and home insurance.
- Eligibility: International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) members and Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) members can access this discount.
- How to Get the Discount: Upon signing up for a free quote, type in group discount #110032 (IAFF) or #120824 (FOP).
- Learn more by visiting Liberty Mutual’s website
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Discount: The HUD Good Neighbor Next Door Program offers 50% off the list price of homes in revitalization areas.
- Eligibility: Law enforcement officers, firefighters, and EMTs can access this discount.
- How to Get the Discount: Once you purchase a home with this program, you must live there for three years. To sign up for an account visit HUD’s website Public Registration page
- Learn more by visiting HUD’s website
You didn’t think we would forget restaurant discounts, did you? Restaurants may very well be the largest category when it comes to discounts for law enforcement; however, most chain restaurants don’t advertise their discounts. With that said, the following restaurants have been widely reported to give discounts to first responders.
Acapulco Restaurant & Cantina
Chevys Fresh Mex
El Torito Grill (also, kids eat free on Wednesday’s)
Firehouse Subs (also, kids eat free on Friday’s)
Glory Days Grill
Golden Corral (also, kids under three eat free every day)
Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Shoney’s (also, kids under four eat free every day.)
Steak ‘n Shake (also kids 12 and under eat free every day.)
Texas de Brazil
- Discount: 15% off your online purchase and free shipping.
- Eligibility: This discount is available for first responders including police officers, sheriffs, state troopers, veterans, retirees and their spouses and dependents.
- How to Get the Discount: Choose “First Responder ID or Troop ID” at checkout. You can then verify your ID through ID Me.
- Learn more by visiting NFL’s website
Oakley Standard Issue
- Discount: Up to 50% off eyewear, apparel, and other Oakley merchandise.
- Eligibility: Oakley Standard Issue is a division of Oakley Inc. that is dedicated to serving active military, government, law enforcement, firefighters, and EMT professionals.
- How to Get the Discount: Oakley’s Standard Issue line is designed specifically for the aforementioned professionals and is only available online. Just register for an account on Oakley’s website using a valid ID.
- Learn more by visiting Oakley Standard Issue’s website
- Discount: Free membership to Club O (normally $19.95 a year). Membership offers free shipping and 5% cash back on every order.
- Eligibility: This discount is available to police, firefighters, paramedics, and EMTs.
- How to Get the Discount: Just verify your ID through ID.me and create an account on Overstock’s website for free.
- Learn more by visiting Overstock’s website
- Discount: 10% off your entire online purchase.
- Eligibility: This discount is available for policemen, firefighters, and EMTs.
- How to Get the Discount: Choose “Military and First Responder Discount” at checkout. You can then verify your ID through ID.me.
- Learn more by visiting Under Armour’s website
- Discount: 20% off select YETI products.
- Eligibility: This discount is available to first responders including police officers, sheriffs, state troopers, firefighters, veterans, and retirees.
- How to Get the Discount: Just verify your ID through ID.me upon checkout.
- Learn more by visiting YETI’s website
Travel and Entertainment Discounts
- Discount: 10% or more off their best hotel rates.
- Eligibility: This discount is available for all federal and state government employees.
- How to Get the Discount: Just book online and present your ID or work orders at check-in.
- Learn more by visiting Best Western’s website
- Discount: Caesars offers various promotions and discounts throughout the year. They offer an additional 10% off your stay year-round.
- Eligibility: This discount is available to first responders with a valid ID.
- How to Get the Discount: Upon reserving your room, click the link that says “Additional discounts for Military, First Responders, Students & Teachers with ID.me”. A “First Responder ID” button will be revealed. Click this button to verify your ID.me Wallet.
- Learn more by visiting Caesars Palace’s website
Great Wolf Lodge
- Discount: Depending on location; you could save up to 30% off room rates.
- Eligibility: This discount is available to firefighters, EMS personnel, police, and correctional officers.
- How to Get the Discount: Choose your destination, book online, and bring your ID to check in.
- Learn more by visiting Great Wolf Lodge’s website
- Discount: An extra 10% off any promotion.
- Eligibility: This discount is available for active duty police officers and International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) members.
- How to Get the Discount:
- Policemen must book their trip online and send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with their booking number. Police identification will be required at check-in.
- Firefighters must provide a copy of their IAFF ID at the time of booking and travel.
- Learn more by visiting Sandals’ website
We hope you found a discount above that you can utilize once, twice, or even every day! Make online shopping easier by signing up with ID.me, and remember to bring your ID, badge, or pay stub with you when shopping in person. While our list includes retailers that offer verifiable discounts for law enforcement officers and other first responders, keep in mind that many companies don’t advertise their discounts, so if you’re interested in getting a discount at a specific retailer, please ask!