Short Answer: The location of wonton wrappers in grocery stores varies by location, but they will almost always be found in a refrigerated section. You can find wonton wrappers in several major grocery store chains as well as local Asian food markets. For more information on where to find wonton wrappers, see below.
Where to Buy Wonton Wrappers in Grocery Stores
Wonton wrappers are thin sheets of flour and egg-based dough that are used to make wontons, dumplings, and egg rolls. The availability and in-store location of wonton wrappers vary by store, but when they are in stock, they will almost always be in a refrigerated (or occasionally frozen) section.
We called stores in Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico, Tennessee, Washington, and Wisconsin to find out where they keep wonton wrappers. The stores we called had wonton wrappers stocked in the deli area, dairy case, produce section, or similar refrigerated areas.
To find wonton wrappers near you, you should call your local grocery store or check the store’s mobile app for aisle information. We spoke to customer service representatives from the following stores to find out where they stock wonton wrappers:
- Location: In or near the refrigerated produce section
- Find wonton wrappers: Albertsons store locator and the Albertsons mobile app
- Location: Available in some locations in or near the produce section; you may want to call ahead to your intended location to make sure they are in stock.
- Find wonton wrappers: Food Lion store locator and the Food Lion mobile app
- Location: Usually in the deli section, near the meat and/or meat substitutes
- Find wonton wrappers: H-E-B store locator and the H-E-B mobile app
- Location: In the dairy case near the eggs and cheese
- Find wonton wrappers: Kroger store locator and the Kroger mobile app
- Location: Available in most stores near the dairy and eggs
- Find wonton wrappers: Meijer store locator and the Meijer mobile app
- Location: Some Publix locations we called do not carry wonton wrappers. Other stores do offer them in the produce section.
- Find wonton wrappers: Publix store locator and the Publix mobile app
- Location: Available at most locations either in the dairy case or near the produce
- Find wonton wrappers: Safeway store locator and the Safeway mobile app
- Location: When in-stock, you can typically find wonton wrappers in or near the refrigerated produce section.
- Find wonton wrappers: Target store locator and the Target mobile app
- Location: In the deli department
- Find wonton wrappers: Walmart store finder and the Walmart mobile app
- Location: Wonton wrappers may not be in stock at all Whole Foods locations, but when they are, you can find them with the refrigerated deli and dairy items, or occasionally with specialty Asian foods.
- Find wonton wrappers: Whole Foods store locator and the Whole Foods mobile app
Local Asian Food Markets
In addition to the stores listed above, you can find wonton wrappers at your local Asian grocery stores. These types of stores shelve wonton wrappers near other refrigerated products such as tofu, eggs, and rice noodles. Asian grocery stores are the best option to find wonton wrappers if you want to choose from a wider selection of brands.
Need other items that might be difficult to find in-store? See our article on where to find tahini and other hard-to-find grocery products.