There is no upper age limit for renting a car in the U.S.; state laws don’t include maximum ages for car rental, and rental agencies only have minimum age limits.
We confirmed this by contacting Department of Transportation representatives in Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Nevada, and Texas, as well as reviewing corporate rental agency policies and contacting rental locations.
In the course of our research, we found that the following rental agencies don’t implement maximum age limits or impose additional fees for senior citizens renting vehicles in the U.S.:
- ACE Rent a Car
- Alamo Rent a Car
- Avis Rent a Car
- Dollar Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Fox Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Payless Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Though there are no upper age limits when renting a car in the U.S., there are still requirements renters must follow.
Find more information in our related research on rental car ID requirements.
- ACE Rent a Car location customer service representatives
- Alamo Rent a Car customer service (888) 233-8749
- Avis location customer service representatives
- Dollar location customer service representatives
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car location customer service representatives
- Fox Rent A Car location customer service representatives
- Hertz location customer service representatives
- Payless Car Rental location customer service representatives
- Dollar customer service representatives
- Turo customer service via live chat