Short Answer: Individual Sunglass Hut stores may price match with online or brick-and-mortar competitors at the time of purchase. You can also receive a refund for the price difference if you purchase a pair of sunglasses at Sunglass Hut and then find the same pair for a lower price at a nearby competitor. For more details of the Sunglass Hut price matching policy, see below.
Does Sunglass Hut Price Match?
Sunglass Hut does not officially price match with its own stores, its website, or competitor stores and websites, according to Sunglass Hut’s corporate customer service department. However, it does offer an “I Just Saw Them Cheaper” refund after purchase, and some store locations will price match at the time of purchase.
To confirm this information, we reached out to Sunglass Hut stores in Virginia, Delaware, Massachusetts, Michigan, California, and Texas.
Price Matching Before Purchase at Sunglass Hut Stores
While corporate representatives told us that Sunglass Hut does not price match before purchase, all of the stores we contacted said they do price match. The specific price matching policy varies by location, but stores will typically match with:
- Other Sunglass Hut stores
- Online Sunglass Hut prices
- Local competitors, such as Nordstrom and Macy’s
- Online sunglass retailers
Keep in mind that price matching will be at the discretion of your local store and is not available online. If you are eligible for a price match, you will need to provide proof of the lower price, such as a webpage or advertisement. Other retailers’ online sales and special offers are not usually eligible for price matching.
“I Just Saw Them Cheaper” Promise
If you notice a lower price at a local competitor after making an in-store purchase at Sunglass Hut, the retailer offers an “I Just Saw Them Cheaper” promise. Under this promise, you can bring your receipt and proof of the competitor’s lower price to Sunglass Hut for a partial refund of the price difference. This policy comes with a few conditions:
- Price difference refunds are available within 30 days of your Sunglass Hut purchase.
- The competing store must be in the same shopping center or strip as the Sunglass Hut location where you purchased the original pair.
- The items must be identical, and they must be in stock at the competing store.
- You must have a confirmation of the lower price from the competing store.
The “I Just Saw Them Cheaper” promise excludes online retailers, closeout sales, and Sunglass Hut outlet store prices.
Other Ways to Save at Sunglass Hut
If your local Sunglass Hut store does not offer price matching at the time of purchase, you may be able to save on your purchase through the following discounts:
- Group discounts: Federal employees, retired and active-duty military, first responders, teachers, and students receive 15% off (as previously reported). Sunglass Hut also offers volume discounts for corporate and group orders.
- Sales: Sunglass Hut’s semi-annual and Black Friday sales feature prices up to 50% off.
- Sun Perks program: Sunglass Hut’s free-to-join Sun Perks program includes discounted replacements, birthday and seasonal offers, and priority access to products and experiences. You can sign up in-store or join Sun Perks online.
You can find more current offers on the Sunglass Hut website’s special offers page.