Here’s what to know about the Hilton early check-in policy. Early check-in is not one of the member benefits of the Hilton Honors rewards program. But, you can still check in early if there are rooms available — whether you are a Hilton Honors member or not. We have the details of Hilton’s early check-in policy and the benefits of the Hilton Honors rewards program listed below.
Hilton Honors Early Check-In
Hilton Honors is a free rewards program offered by Hilton Hotels & Resorts. The rewards program comes with various benefits, but Hilton Honors members are not guaranteed early check-in, Hilton customer service representatives said.
In general, check-in at Hilton hotel properties is at 3 p.m. According to Hilton Honors’ customer service department, check-in may be available as early as noon, if rooms are available. But room availability is not known until the day of check-in. Hilton Honors membership is not required for early check-in; both members and non-members can check in early if rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If there are no rooms available for early check-in, you can still check your luggage at the hotel and return later to complete the check-in process.
Hilton Honors Membership Benefits
While you aren’t guaranteed early check-in, Hilton Honors members enjoy other perks. We have the list of benefits below. To sign up for the free rewards program, visit the Hilton Honors page online or download the Hilton Honors app on iTunes or Google Play.
- Guaranteed member discount on room rates
- Hilton Honors Base Points: 10 points for every $1 spent
- No resort fees for reward stays
- Digital check-in and digital key (where available), allowing you to bypass the check-in desk
- Choose the room you want to stay in from a hotel floor plan
- The second guest in your room stays free
- Requirements: This membership level is free; you gain these benefits when you sign up for Hilton Honors.
- All benefits of Member Status
- Hilton Honors Base Points: 12 points for every $1 spent
- Fifth night free on standard reward stays
- Two free bottles of water
- Elite tier rollover nights
- Requirements: You will reach this level after four stays or 10 nights; alternately, you will gain access to these benefits when you are approved for a Hilton Honors American Express Card.
- All benefits of the Silver Status
- Hilton Honors Base Points: 18 points for every $1 spent
- Free room upgrades (if available) up to the Executive room type
- Complimentary breakfast
- Unlimited Milestone bonuses: After 40 nights, earn an extra 10,000 points for every 10th night you stay at a Hilton property
- Requirements: You will reach this level after 20 stays, 40 nights, or 75,000 Hilton Honors Base Points; alternately, you will gain access to these benefits when you are approved for a Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card or Hilton Honors American Express Business Card.
- All benefits of Gold Status
- Hilton Honors Base Points: 20 points for every $1 spent
- Premium in-room and lobby Wi-Fi
- Free room upgrades (if available) up to the one-bedroom suite room type
- Executive lounge access
- Diamond status extension: The option to extend your Diamond membership for up to one year
- 48-hour room guarantees
- Elite Status Gifting, which allows you to gift one year of Gold or Diamond membership to another Hilton Honors member.
- Requirements: You will reach this level after 30 stays, 60 nights, or 120,000 Hilton Honors Base Points; alternately, you will gain access to these benefits when you are approved for a Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card.
Guaranteed early check-in is not one of the benefits offered to Hilton Honors members. However, you can check in as early as noon if there are rooms available. For more information on hotels, see our articles: Book Now Pay Later Hotels: Explanations of When Each Hotel Charges and Do You Have to Be 21 to Rent a Hotel? Not At These Hotels (Hilton, etc).