Short Answer — Early check-in is not one of the member benefits of the Hilton Honors rewards program, but you can usually check in early (with or without a rewards membership) if there are rooms available.
Hilton Honors Early Check-In Policy
Hilton Honors is a free rewards program offered by Hilton Hotels & Resorts. The rewards program comes with various benefits, but Hilton Honors members are not guaranteed early check-in, Hilton customer service representatives said.
In general, check-in at Hilton hotel properties is at 3 p.m. According to Hilton Honors’ customer service department, check-in may be available as early as noon, if rooms are available. Room availability is not known until the day of check-in.
Hilton Honors membership is not required for early check-in; both members and non-members can check in early if rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If there are no rooms available for early check-in, you can still check your luggage at the hotel and return later to complete the check-in process.
Other Membership Benefits
While you aren’t guaranteed early check-in, Hilton Honors members enjoy other perks.
- Guaranteed member discount on room rates
- Hilton Honors Base Points: 10 points for every $1 spent
- No resort fees for reward stays
- Digital check-in and digital key (where available), allowing you to bypass the check-in desk
- Choose the room you want to stay in from a hotel floor plan
- The second guest in your room stays free
- Requirements: This membership level is free; you gain these benefits when you sign up for Hilton Honors.
- All benefits of Member Status
- Hilton Honors Base Points: 12 points for every $1 spent
- Fifth night free on standard reward stays
- Two free bottles of water
- Elite tier rollover nights
- Requirements: You will reach this level after four stays or 10 nights; alternately, you will gain access to these benefits when you are approved for a Hilton Honors American Express Card.
- All benefits of the Silver Status
- Hilton Honors Base Points: 18 points for every $1 spent
- Free room upgrades (if available) up to the Executive room type
- Complimentary breakfast
- Unlimited Milestone bonuses: After 40 nights, earn an extra 10,000 points for every 10th night you stay at a Hilton property
- Requirements: You will reach this level after 20 stays, 40 nights, or 75,000 Hilton Honors Base Points; alternately, you will gain access to these benefits when you are approved for a Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card or Hilton Honors American Express Business Card.
- All benefits of Gold Status
- Hilton Honors Base Points: 20 points for every $1 spent
- Premium in-room and lobby Wi-Fi
- Free room upgrades (if available) up to the one-bedroom suite room type
- Executive lounge access
- Diamond status extension: The option to extend your Diamond membership for up to one year
- 48-hour room guarantees
- Elite Status Gifting, which allows you to gift one year of Gold or Diamond membership to another Hilton Honors member.
- Requirements: You will reach this level after 30 stays, 60 nights, or 120,000 Hilton Honors Base Points; alternately, you will gain access to these benefits when you are approved for a Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card.
For more information on hotels, see our research on how old you need to be to check in at a hotel.