When the time comes to pay your phone bill, there are numerous Boost Mobile payment options. You can pay it in person, by phone, online, or through the My Boost app. If you choose the online payment or app option, you can even set up Boost Mobile autopay so you don’t have to pay the bill manually each month. Boost Mobile accepts credit, debit, and Re-Boost cards as payment. Below, we have more details on how to pay Boost Mobile bills using your preferred payment method.
Boost Mobile Payment Locations
You can pay your Boost Mobile bill in person at a Sprint store or at a Boost Mobile kiosk located in a store (such as Best Buy, Target, etc.) near you. Not sure where to find Boost Mobile payment locations? You can use the Boost Mobile store locator to find one near you.
Boost Mobile Pay by Phone
If you’ve wondered “Can I pay my Boost Mobile phone bill over the phone?” — the answer is yes. With Boost Mobile, pay by phone by using either credit/debit cards or Re-Boost cards. Here’s how to do Boost pay by phone:
- If you’re calling from your Boost Mobile phone, dial #ADD (#233): Using your Boost Mobile phone, dial #233 and follow the voice prompts to pay with your credit/debit card or redeem a Re-Boost card. If you’re redeeming a Re-Boost card, you’ll need to provide the PIN found on the back of the card.
- If you’re calling from another phone, use the number (888) 266-7848 instead. You’ll need that number if you’re not making the call with your Boost Mobile device, but you’ll follow the same process to pay the bill.
Boost Mobile Pay Online
If you prefer to do the Boost Mobile pay online method, there are a few ways to make Boost online payments:
- One-time payment: Visit “My Account” and use your credit/debit card to make a one-time Boost online payment or redeem a Re-Boost card.
- Auto Re-Boost: Visit “My Account” and register your credit/debit card to set up worry-free Boost Mobile autopay.
- Boost Mobile Gift Payment: Using the Boost Mobile Gift Payment option, you can add money to a friend’s account by paying with your credit/debit card. If they have a Boost Mobile account, they should be able to do the same for you as well.
Pay With the My Boost App
Boost Mobile offers the My Boost app for account management. Using the My Boost app, you can track your data use and call history, review your mobile plan, enroll in autopay (known as Auto Re-Boost), or make individual payments. The My Boost app is free to use; just click “Pay Next Month” and use your credit card, debit card, or a Re-Boost card to make a payment.
If you need assistance with your My Boost app, customer service is just a phone call or email away.
There are various ways to pay your Boost Mobile phone bill, including in person at Boost Mobile payment locations, by phone, online, and the My Boost app. Unfortunately, for anyone who wants to pay by traditional paper mail, the payment FAQs completely leave out this possibility. We contacted the company and confirmed that it does not offer this service to its customers.
As you’re paying bills, maybe you need to get cash or deposit a check when the bank is closed — perhaps it’s a weekend, a holiday, or after hours. To learn about your options, see our article: Can You Cash a Check at an ATM? Can You Deposit?