Smartphones are practically a necessity in today’s connected lifestyle, but they aren’t cheap. Many people make payments on their devices rather than buying them outright.
But what options do you have if you need a cell phone and have poor credit or no credit history? Below, we’ll tell you where you can get smartphone financing without a credit check, plus places that offer cell phone financing for poor credit or no credit.
The following retail and online stores will help you get financing for a smartphone without requiring a credit check.
Typically, you’ll need to be at least 18 years old, have a checking account and/or debit or credit card, and prove a minimum monthly income in order to be approved for these offers.
1. Cricket Wireless
- Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age; must have a government-issued ID, an active checking account, valid Social Security number or ITIN, and a debit or credit card
- How it works: Cricket uses Progressive Leasing to provide phone financing. Lease up to five phones depending on your approved lease amount (the first phone must cost at least $149.99), and pay an initial lease payment of $49.99. Flexible weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payment options are available.
- Brands available: iPhone, Samsung, LG, Motorola, TCL
- Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age; must have a minimum monthly income, photo ID proving age, and Social Security number or ITIN; must make an initial payment when applying
- How it works: Apply online or in any Kmart store for lease-to-own approval, and then use your approval code to pick up your phone at Kmart. Leases are available starting at a minimum of $69.
- Phone brands available: Samsung, LG, Apple, Motorola, Sony, Nokia, Alcatel
- Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age; must have proof of income (minimum $1,000 a month), valid Social Security number or ITIN, and an active debit or credit card
- How it works: Apply online for a no-credit-check approval. If approved, shop at SmartPayLease.com or any of its retail partners.
- Phone brands available: Most major brands including iPhone and Samsung
- Requirements: Provide Social Security number, driver’s license number, employment/income information, and personal references
- How it works: Apply online or in-store for approval. Choose weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payments. 120 days same as cash is also available.
- Phone brands available: Name brands like Apple and Samsung
- Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age; must have proof of income, contact information for landlord or mortgage company, and two to four references
- How it works: Apply online or in-store for approval. Choose a payment plan — weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly. Choose delivery date if shopping online. Early buyout terms are available. Leased phones can be returned for a payment freeze without penalty.
- Phone brands available: Samsung, Sony, Nokia, Google, OnePlus, Motorola, Microsoft
- Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age; must have proof of income, a valid credit or debit card, and an email address
- How it works: Visit any Rent DeLite store or partner location, or apply online, for lease approval. Rent DeLite will ship leased phones directly to your home, so there’s no need to visit a store if you’re not near one.
- Phone brands available: Most major brands including iPhone, Samsung, LG, Alcatel, ZTE, Motorola, BlackBerry, HTC, Huawei, and more
Places That Offer Cell Phone Financing for Customers with Poor/No Credit
The following companies provide poor-credit and no-credit options for financing smartphone purchases.
- Credit level required: Most credit levels accepted
- Deposit required for poor credit? No
- How it works: Select the Affirm payment option at checkout. Affirm sends texts and email reminders when a payment’s coming up.
- Phone brands available: Most major brands including Samsung, iPhone, and Google
- Credit level required: Most credit levels are accepted, including poor credit. Must have a valid checking account, Social Security number, and current source of income. Must be at least 18 and a U.S. resident.
- Deposit required for poor credit? May be required regardless of credit rating
- How it works: Apply for credit at FlexShopper.com and once approved, shop the online store for your phone. You can make 52 weekly lease-to-own payments or use its Early Buyout Option.
- Phone brands available: Samsung, iPhone, Motorola, Google, OnePlus
Suggested: The List of Sites Similar to FlexShopper
9. T-Mobile (Smartphone Equality)
- Credit level required: All credit levels accepted
- Deposit required for poor credit? No
- How it works: Must be a current T-Mobile customer (no-contract plans are eligible) and must make your monthly service payments on time for 12 consecutive months in order to qualify. Qualifying customers are then given access to the best pricing and deals on T-Mobile devices.
- Phone brands available: All major brands, including Samsung, iPhone, and REVVL