Crate and Barrel has frequent sales throughout the year — some even on a routine schedule. Signing up for Crate and Barrel e-mails and following the brand on social media are the best ways to learn about upcoming sales and events. For details on when Crate and Barrel has sales, see below.
When Does Crate and Barrel Have Sales?
There are multiple scheduled and unscheduled sales at Crate and Barrel that take place through the year in order to make room for new merchandise, a corporate customer service representative said. We also contacted Crate and Barrel store locations in Connecticut, North Carolina, and Texas to find out about Crate and Barrel sales. Below you’ll find a summary of Crate and Barrel’s biggest sales events and frequent promotions.
Annual Outdoor Sale
- When: Crate and Barrel’s annual outdoor sale usually begins at the end of February.
- Discounts: You can expect savings of up to 20 percent on outdoor cushions, pillows, umbrella stands, and more.
- Exclusions: Clearance items are typically excluded from this sale. Other exclusions may apply.
Annual Upholstery Sale
- When: Crate and Barrel’s annual upholstery sale begins in early August and lasts through mid-September.
- Discounts: You can save up to 20 percent on sofas, chairs, ottomans, and more.
- Exclusions: Dining seating, beds, benches, office chairs, outdoor furniture, and clearance items are typically excluded from this sale.
Biannual Wine & Dine Sale
- When: The biannual Wine & Dine sale is held before Christmas and again sometime during the spring.
- Discounts: You can save up to 20 percent on dinnerware, flatware, wine and Champagne glasses, table linens, napkin rings, and more.
- Exclusions: Outdoor furniture, office chairs, bedroom and living room benches, entryway and storage benches, and clearance items are typically excluded from this sale.
Miscellaneous Sales and Promotions
- When: Crate and Barrel has various other sales throughout the year. Some of these promotions are tied to the specific time of year, while others are more random.
- Discounts: In the past, Crate and Barrel has offered 20 percent off storage and cleaning items in the spring. Entertainment centers, media consoles, and TV stands have been on sale up to 25 percent off after the Super Bowl and NBA Finals. You can also find sales on specific items, such as kitchen knives or Instant Pots, throughout the year.
- Exclusions: Clearance items are typically excluded from sales. Other exclusions may apply.
To be among the first to know when Crate and Barrel is having a sale, you’ll want to follow the retailer’s Facebook page, Instagram feed, and Twitter account. You can also join Crate and Barrel’s email list; you’ll receive a 10 percent off promo code just for signing up. The discount can be applied to an in-store or online purchase of full-price items, including furniture.
You can also save at Crate and Barrel’s sister retailer, CB2. To find out when CB2 has sales, see our related article.
Crate and Barrel has various sales throughout the year, including annual, seasonal, and random sales. The most common discount is for 20 percent off your purchase, though some sales may offer a higher discount on select items.