Most car rental companies will not accept payment directly from a PayPal account. Even if you’re able to book with PayPal, you’ll need a credit card at some stage of the reservation process.
We reached out to customer service representatives and viewed payment policies for the major car rental companies across the U.S. to find out where and how you can pay for a car rental with PayPal.
Below, we provide the list of companies that accept PayPal direct or debit card PayPal payments, as well as any restrictions.
Car Rentals That Accept Direct PayPal Payments
The following companies accept direct payments through PayPal when making car rental reservations.
- Restrictions: Only accepts PayPal for partial online payments; you must provide a credit card at the time of pick up.
- Book a rental
Car Rentals That Accept PayPal Debit Cards
The following rental agencies accept PayPal Debit Cards but don’t accept direct payments from your Paypal account:
- ACE Rent a Car
- Advantage Car & Truck Rental
- Alamo Rent a Car
- Avis Rent a Car
- Dollar Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Fox Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
There may also be other restrictions, such as showing your return ticket at the rental counter when renting at an airport.
You can find more information about each company’s policy in our research on car rentals that take debit cards.
Car Rentals That Don’t Accept PayPal
- Green Motion customer service via email, email@example.com
- ACE Rent a Car customer service via live chat
- Hertz customer service via Facebook chat
- Turo customer service via live chat
- Zipcar customer service (866) 494-7227
- Zipcar customer service via Facebook chat