Boston Public Market
- Location: Boston, Mass.
- What it offers: An indoor market with vendors selling a variety of products and foods, including local seafood
- Open: Year-round from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sundays
- Sources: Boston Public Market customer service representatives; Boston Public Market website
The Fish Market Inc.
Note: The Fish Market Inc. previously accepted EBT but, under its new ownership, is waiting for approval to accept EBT as of the time of this writing.
- Location: Miami, Fla.
- What it offers: A variety of fish and other seafood
- Hours: Year-round from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday through Saturday, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sundays
- Sources: The owner of The Fish Market Inc.; The Fish Market Inc. website
Portland Fish Market
- Location: Portland, Ore.
- What it offers: A variety of wild-caught fish, crab cakes, crab meat, shrimp, oysters, salmon, and more
- Hours: Year-round from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily
- Sources: Portland Fish Market customer service representative
Reading Terminal Market (John Yi Fish Market)
- Where it’s located: John Yi Fish Market is located inside the Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia, Penn.
- What it offers: Fish (farmed and wild-caught), shellfish, tuna, salmon, and more
- When it’s open: Year-round from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily
- Sources: John Yi Fish Market store associate; Reading Terminal Market website
Saltwater Seafood Market and Fry Shack
Note: EBT cards are accepted in the market only — not at the restaurant.
- Location: Raleigh, N.C.
- What it offers: Fresh and frozen seafood, including fish, crab, clams, lobster, and more
- Hours: Year-round from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., and on Sundays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sources: Saltwater Seafood Market customer service representative; Saltwater Seafood Market website
Seafood Places That Don’t Accept EBT
- Joe’s Crab Shack (locations nationwide)
- Red Lobster (locations nationwide)
- Mac’s Seafood Markets (three locations in Massachusetts)
- Conrad’s Crabs & Seafood Market (four locations in Maryland)
- 4th Street Shrimp Store (St. Petersburg, Fla.)
- Andria’s Seafood Restaurant & Market (Ventura, Calif.)
- Atlantic Seafood Market (Old Saybrook, Conn.)
- Bonefish Grill (locations nationwide)
- Carolina Meat & Fish Co. (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Crab Cake Cafe (Oxon Hill, Md.)
- Crab Pot ATL (Atlanta, Ga.)
- The Crazy Crab (Hilton Head Island, S.C.)
- The District Fishwife (Washington, D.C.)
- Jersey City Fish Stand (Jersey City, N.J.)
- The Lobster Place Seafood Market (New York, N.Y.)
- Milwaukee Public Market (St. Paul Fish Company) (Milwaukee, Wis.)
- Monahan’s Seafood Market (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Pappas Seafood Co. (Baltimore, Md.)
- San Pedro Fish Market (San Pedro, Calif.)
- Santa Monica Seafood Market & Cafe (Santa Monica, Calif.)