Brookstone sells innovative products designed to make everyday tasks easier or more enjoyable. Other stores that sell gadgets and unique gifts include The Grommet, Hammacher Schlemmer, Sharper Image, and SkyMall. Below, we have the list of stores like Brookstone, including information about each retailer’s products, prices, and how to shop.
The List of Stores like Brookstone
Brookstone is an online and airport retailer that sells unique gifts and gadgets — from stress-relieving weighted blankets to sunglasses that post what you see on Snapchat. Brookstone previously had store locations in shopping malls across the U.S., but, as of late 2018, it closed all of its mall stores and now only sells its products online and in airports.
Most of Brookstone’s inventory includes products that make everyday tasks easier. Its prices are wide-ranging, from a few dollars for small items like luggage tags to several thousands of dollars for products like mattresses and home gym equipment. Brookstone also has an invention division, Brookstone Design USA, that creates and holds patents to new products.
We’ve compiled the list of stores like Brookstone that sell gadgets, innovations, and “smart” technologies. Below, you’ll find a sample of each retailer’s product offerings that are similar to Brookstone, as well as how their prices and shopping options compare.
- About: Created to highlight innovative lifestyle and home products, b8ta operates open-concept stores across the U.S. where customers can interact with its products before purchasing. It also has an online shop that ships to all 50 states but does not yet ship internationally. Like Brookstone, b8ta sells high-tech home goods, audio equipment, and wellness gadgets (think: activity trackers and workout-recovery massagers).
- Price range: Since b8ta is more heavily tech-focused than Brookstone, it doesn’t offer as many options for affordable gifts, but its prices for similar items are comparable to Brookstone. Most b8ta products sell for more than $100.
- How to shop: Find a b8ta store using the b8ta store locator or shop online at b8ta.com
- About: The Grommet promotes products from “makers” and small businesses. Its website features new product launches and gadgets, fitness gear, kitchen tools, personal care innovations, and more. The Grommet offers an online search feature also available at Brookstone: You can shop by personal values, such as sustainability or in support of underrepresented entrepreneurs.
- Price range: The Grommet features products at every price point — similar to Brookstone. Products range from about $5 to $1,000. Most products fall in the under-$200 range.
- How to shop: Online at TheGrommet.com
- About: In operation since the 1800s, Hammacher Schlemmer sells electronics, home goods, exercise equipment, and more. Hammacher Schlemmer’s range of product offerings is similar to Brookstone in that it includes both high-tech gadgets and everyday innovations like specialized bedding.
- Price range: Products range from about $10 to more than $100,000. Most items cost between $100 and $400.
- How to shop: Online at Hammacher.com or by catalog
Note: Hammacher Schlemmer is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has an A+ rating, but it does have some negative customer reviews on its BBB page.
- About: Sharper Image may be Brookstone’s largest direct competitor, and it has faced similar operational changes to Brookstone. Sharper Image no longer operates brick-and-mortar stores and, instead, sells a full range of products online. Its offerings include automotive innovations, electronics, home technologies, massagers, personal care products, and toys.
- Price range: Sharper Image products range from about $50 to $350, though there are some more expensive items available like air purifiers and massage chairs.
- How to shop: Online at SharperImage.com or by catalog
Note: Sharper Image is not accredited by the BBB. It has an F rating on its BBB profile with 51 customer complaints.
- About: SkyMall began as an in-flight catalog but now operates as an online store. SkyMall’s product categories include electronics, home goods, sporting goods, toys, travel, and wellness. Like Brookstone, SkyMall sells gadgets like Bluetooth speakers, travel pillows, and virtual reality headsets.
- Price range: Products range from under $10 to about $400.
- How to shop: Online at SkyMall.com
Super Gadget Store
- About: Super Gadget Store sells electronics, gadgets, and gifts. Super Gadget Store is an online-only retailer and ships worldwide from its offices in Israel and the Philippines. (Super Gadget Store’s FAQ notes that orders shipped to the U.S. should arrive within two weeks.) Products similar to Brookstone include kitchen gadgets, travel accessories, and electronic toys.
- Price range: Most products at Super Gadget Store cost $50 or less, though some (like digital projectors and security cameras) cost up to $150.
- How to shop: Online at SuperGadget.store
- About: ThinkGeek is a brick-and-mortar and online retailer that sells home, office, and outdoor gadgets, as well as unusual gifts. ThinkGeek’s electronics and home goods are similar to Brookstone, but the retailer also offers a broader range of products, including fandom collectibles, apparel, and survival gear.
- Price range: ThinkGeek’s gadgets range from about $5 to $300. Most items are priced under $100.
- How to shop: Find a ThinkGeek store using the ThinkGeek store locator or shop online at ThinkGeek
Note: ThinkGeek is accredited by the BBB and has an A+ rating, but there are some negative customer reviews in its BBB profile.
AC Gears, The Grommet, SkyMall, and ThinkGeek are some stores like Brookstone. All of the retailers listed above offer innovative home products, electronics, and smart technologies. Most gadget stores primarily sell their goods online or through catalogs, but products from b8ta, The Grommet, and ThinkGeek are available at brick-and-mortar locations too.