KinderCare tuition varies based on the child’s age, how many days of care you choose, and the individual location’s pricing and fees. You can usually expect to pay between $1,300 and $2,600 per month for one child attending five days per week and $1,000 to $1,900 per month for one child attending two to three days per week.
How Much Is KinderCare Tuition?
KinderCare tuition varies by location, as well as the child’s age group and how many days of care they attend per week.
We contacted KinderCare locations in California, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, and Washington, D.C. to find out more about how much you can expect to pay.
The table below outlines approximate price ranges for each age group and schedule based on the quotes KinderCare representatives gave us.
Many locations also offer school break programs; the cost will vary depending on the program length and schedule.
Note that your local KinderCare may have higher or lower costs, and not all locations offer part-time schedules.
What Tuition Covers
If your child isn’t yet eating solids, you can provide formula or milk, or visit the center during the day to feed them.
Note that tuition pays for your child’s reserved space in the program, not the number of days they attend — so you won’t receive credits or refunds for unused days (sick days, emergency closures, or other absences).
Fees you may pay in addition to tuition at KinderCare include:
- Enrollment/registration: Usually around $100 annually, but varies by location
- Special programs: Cost varies by program; includes Learning Adventures like Music Innovators and Cooking Academy, as well as summer activities like field trips
- Late pick-up: Around $2 per minute
- Late and returned payments: Varies; may be anywhere from $20 to $60 depending on the location and circumstances
- Waitlist fee: Around $75 (non-refundable and non-transferable); holds your spot on the waitlist if the location you’re interested in is fully enrolled
Ways to Save
KinderCare offers several discounts and tuition assistance programs, which may help your family save on childcare costs.
- Discounts for military service members and federal employees
- Discounts through certain partnered employers local to the KinderCare location
- Sibling discounts
- Refer-a-friend tuition credits
- Registration refunds (valid at new KinderCare Learning Centers)
Your local Center Director can provide more details about eligibility and specific discount amounts.
The Center Director will provide an invitation key, and you can then create an account using your email address.
Your local KinderCare center may bill monthly or weekly.
- KinderCare location customer service representatives