Gift cards are great when you’re looking for alternatives to using your credit card, giving a present to others, or trying to control spending.
Purchasing discounted gift cards can also save you money, though these can be difficult to find.
To save you the trouble, I have the list of in-store and online options below, complete with the general discount you can expect from each one.
In-Store and Online Discount Options
BJ’s Wholesale Club
Online-Only Discount Options
Discount amounts vary by brand and current availability, and for most sites, you will need to create an account in order to make a purchase.
- Discount: Generally around 2% to 20% off; you can also earn points to save money when purchasing gift cards in the future through its rewards program.
Gift Card Granny
Places That Don’t Sell Discounted Gift Cards
In the course of my research, I found that the following places do not sell gift cards at a discount:
- Best Buy
- The Home Depot
- Rite Aid
- Sam’s Club store customer service representatives
- BJ’s Wholesale Club customer service via live chat
- Costco customer service via live chat
- CardCash customer service via live chat
- GiftCards.com customer service via live chat
- 7-Eleven store customer service representatives
- ALDI customer service via Facebook chat
- Best Buy store customer service representatives
- CVS store customer service representatives
- The Home Depot store customer service representatives
- JCPenney store customer service representatives
- Kroger store customer service representatives
- Lowe’s store customer service representatives
- Rite Aid store customer service representatives
- Walgreens store customer service representatives
- Walmart store customer service representatives