When preparing for a shopping trip, ordering gift cards online to pick up in-store can save you time. It’s also convenient to add them to curbside pickup orders.
Most stores don’t offer this service for gift cards. However, there are a few options.
Below, I have the list of major retailers that allow you to buy gift cards online and pick them up in stores, complete with policy details. I also share businesses that don’t offer this service.
I confirmed this information by contacting customer service representatives and reviewing each company’s website.
The following retailers allow you to purchase gift cards online and pick them up in-store.
Note that store pickup may be subject to availability. Depending on the company and whether it ships items to the store or takes them from the shelf, gift cards may be temporarily out of stock at your nearest location.
- Restrictions: You can purchase up to 10 gift cards online to pick up in-store.
- Pickup fee: None
- Restrictions: Some stores don’t offer pickup.
- Pickup fee: $5 for orders totaling less than $35; no fee for orders totaling $35 or more
- Restrictions: Non-denominated gift cards are ineligible; gift cards must be in stock at the desired location.
- Pickup fee: None, though there is a $10 minimum purchase amount.
- Restrictions: Only available for certain gift cards and amounts; check item descriptions for details.
- Pickup fee: $7 for orders totaling less than $35; no fee for orders totaling $35 or more
While pickup options are convenient, you may be able to save on your purchase by visiting a store to buy a gift card or waiting for shipping. See my list of places to buy discounted gift cards in person and online.
Stores That Don’t Sell Gift Cards Online for Store Pickup
The following stores do not offer store pickup for gift cards purchased online.
- Bass Pro Shops
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- DICK’S Sporting Goods
- Hobby Lobby
- The Home Depot
- Sam’s Club
- T.J. Maxx
- Whole Foods
- World Market
- Best Buy customer service via live chat
- Kohl’s customer service via live chat
- Walmart customer service via live chat
- Albertsons customer service via live chat
- Bass Pro Shops store customer service representatives
- BJ’s Wholesale Club store customer service representatives
- Costco customer service via live chat
- CVS customer service (800) 746-7287
- DICK’S Sporting Goods customer service via live chat
- The Home Depot customer service via Facebook chat
- Lowe’s store customer service representatives
- Macy’s customer service via Facebook chat
- Sam’s Club customer service via live chat
- Target customer service via live chat
- Whole Foods customer service via live chat
- World Market customer service via live chat