Does Kroger cash checks? You bet. Kroger is the largest grocery store chain in America (they own many brands), so it’s great to know that they offer check cashing services. Kroger cashes many types of checks for a small fee, so customers can eliminate a trip to the bank and get their checks cashed and groceries purchased at the same stop.
Here’s what you need to know about the Kroger check cashing policy including hours, cost, and more:
Kroger’s Check Cashing Policy
Here are the details of Kroger’s check cashing policy:
- Types of checks cashed: Payroll checks, government checks (such as Social Security, welfare, and disability), tax refund checks, insurance settlement checks, and printed business checks (such as rebate checks or refund checks).
- Limit: $5,000 per check.
- Fees: $3.50 for checks $2,000 and under and $6 for checks $2,000.01 – $5,000. Suggested Article: 8 Stores That Cash Checks for Free
- If you have a Kroger Plus Card, it costs $3 for checks $2,000 and under and $5.50 for checks $2,000.01 – $5,000. Sign up for a Kroger Plus Card online or at a checkout clerk or customer service desk in store.
- These fees and limits may vary based on local and state laws, so check with your local store to confirm.
- Requirements: You must have a current ID and know your Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number.
- Accepted forms for IDs include: U.S. driver’s license, U.S. state-issued photo ID, military ID, U.S. passport, resident alien ID, Matricula Consular ID (also known as the Mexican CID card), or a tribal nation or reservation ID.
- Check Cashing Hours: Generally 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., 7 days per week, but may vary by location. Suggested Article: Here Are the Places That Cash Checks Late at Night
- Source: The Kroger Co. Money Services – Check Cashing page
Kroger owns and operates several other grocery store chains all of which have the same money services. If you Kroger’s moneyservices.com to search for stores and there’s no Kroger in your area, the search will return other Kroger family stores. Don’t be dismayed, they’ll have the same policy.
And that’s the Kroger check cashing policy. Can you cash a check at Kroger? You bet. Because of Kroger’s vast network of stores, wide variety of checks accepted, and low fees for check cashing, Kroger is a popular place to head if you need to cash a check. You can cash a check of up to $2,000 for $3.50 and up to $5,000 for $6. You can also save on check cashing fees by applying for a free Kroger Plus Card, either in-store or online. If you do not have a Kroger nearby, you still have many other options available at other grocery stores located nationwide. For a complete list of grocery stores that cash checks, see our article Grocery Stores That Cash Checks: Personal, Payroll, Insurance, etc.